Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
those are both a tad over priced for the miles on them..
the second one isn't too far off though.
I do agree, in my opinion I don't care about spending a little bit more for the car with lower mileage and less mods. You know those cars were well taken care of and usually have no problems. Be patient don't rush yourself. I looked for 2 months straight before I bought my Mach. When I did finally find it I knew that I was taking it home with me. Goodluck with the search.

·
Registered
38 Posts
To me the 04 seems closer in price than the 03. i hate verts so the 03 would be my choice(forgot to check mileage though). I have heard of 03 going for 21-23K. If you find a stock 01(guess around 16K) will cost you 6K+ to bring it up past stock Termies?

Good luck! Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy though look around! Most Termies have been beaten hard by previous owners so be careful.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i got my 01' vert cobra for $15,500 w/ 35k miles on it so you might want to look for a 01' - 02' cobra and put a charger or turbo on it and u'll save urself about 4 or 5 k.. good luck findin one!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Both of those are a bit high priced. That may be because the are both 'verts. A lot of people tend to ask a slightly higher price for the convertibles.

The reason the '03 and '04 models are so much higher than the '99 and '01 is mainly becuase of the motor. They are factory supercharged and the motors come with complete forged internals. They are capable of making crazy horsepower with just bolt-ons, fuel upgrades, forced induction swap out of some kind (turbos, bigger blowers, etc) and a tune. All of this can be done without even taking the valve covers off.

There are SO MANY guys making 600+RWHP on daily driver cars with perfect street manners just by swapping out the stock Eaton blower for a Kenne Bell or Whipple and upgrading the fuel and tuning.

·
Registered
304 Posts
an 01 cobra is a good entrance to the svt world, even I would like to graduate to a termi

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
the first one is hella overpriced, but the second one is ****en sweet.......

Lowered, smaller pulley, new clutch, exhuast

Ragtop says jump

that car brand new cost close to 40 grand...... it's not a steal, but i think it's worth it. Jus make sure u get the tuner with the car.

·
Registered
685 Posts
im actally thinking of swaping to a 01 cobra its blue with less than 1000 miles the owner bought it for a collection but might sell how much should it be worth ? everything in the ar is stock it even has the seat plastics he uses it about once a month to start it up and warm it

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
im actally thinking of swaping to a 01 cobra its blue with less than 1000 miles the owner bought it for a collection but might sell how much should it be worth ? everything in the ar is stock it even has the seat plastics he uses it about once a month to start it up and warm it
If you can get an all orginal '01 Cobra with less than a thousand miles for under $18K than I say jump all over it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you can get an all orginal '01 Cobra with less than a thousand miles for under $18K than I say jump all over it.
its exactly at 793 miles right now everything stock but the owner doesnt know if he wants to sell yet or no and havent given me a price it has all plastics and everything looks like its from the showroom

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thks for the help. and yes im gonna be patient and look around first. i found an 01 cobra for like 15500 with 40k on it, but i really would like that facotry superchargerd motor!! so im gonna look for an 03 or 04 cobra.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts