Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im in the middle of installing my Pypes H-Box offroad H pype and no matter what I do, I cant get the front driver's side 02 sensor to plug back into the harness. The sensor itself is just not long enough.

Anybody run into this problem before? What did you all do? I would like to avoid 02 sensor extensions if possible.

Again this is the FRONT, driver's side 02 sensor.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I have just extended my 02 sensor wires before. ie cut the wires, splice in a few inches of wire. put a new piece of he shrinknover everything. I have also included the connector from the top of the bellhousing to get it to reach a but further as well.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it turns out, that 02 sensor wire harness is tucked up and pinned (with two Christmas tree connectors) on top of the transmission. With the stock cat in place, the 02 sensor has no problem reaching the connector on the harness, but with the Pypes H pipe, the wiring on the 02 sensor side was just a *teensy* bit too short. However, if you reach our hand up there, and tug on the harness, it will separate from the Christmas tree connectors and free up another inch or so of length which is exactly what I needed to achieve that satisfying 'click'.

This is exactly the same wiring routing on the Coyote cars. Some guys were resorting to 02 sensor extensions to make the connection, but apparently the extensions are **** and were at times causing the front 02 sensor to fail and that is really bad for a Coyote engine. A technician friend of mine told me the trick about freeing up the harness on top of the tranny and so it appears it works with the New Edge cars as well.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
So it turns out, that 02 sensor wire harness is tucked up and pinned (with two Christmas tree connectors) on top of the transmission. With the stock cat in place, the 02 sensor has no problem reaching the connector on the harness, but with the Pypes H pipe, the wiring on the 02 sensor side was just a *teensy* bit too short. However, if you reach our hand up there, and tug on the harness, it will separate from the Christmas tree connectors and free up another inch or so of length which is exactly what I needed to achieve that satisfying 'click'.

This is exactly the same wiring routing on the Coyote cars. Some guys were resorting to 02 sensor extensions to make the connection, but apparently the extensions are **** and were at times causing the front 02 sensor to fail and that is really bad for a Coyote engine. A technician friend of mine told me the trick about freeing up the harness on top of the tranny and so it appears it works with the New Edge cars as well.
Ehrman how do you like the H Box? I've been on the fence about getting that or a prochamber for my stingers. The H pipe I have farts a lot with the stingers but sounded killer with chambered mufflers

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ehrman how do you like the H Box? I've been on the fence about getting that or a prochamber for my stingers. The H pipe I have farts a lot with the stingers but sounded killer with chambered mufflers
At the moment all I have is the H Box on there (I meant to order the X Box, but messed up and didnt want to eat shipping to send it back). So all I have is the H Box with stock cat back. I have the Pypes Pype Bomb cat back en route next week. With the stock catback, the H Box is quiet as a kitten with just a little bit of a roar when you give it gas. If I hadnt removed the cats myself, I would've never believed that the car has an off-road pipe at all.

This H-pipe does not backfire, does not smell like gas, and has no drone. It is an ideal exhaust setup for someone that wants a better sounding exhaust but not an obnoxious loud and smelly traditional off road mid pipe.

I will update when I have the cat back installed.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the Pypes Pype Bomb Cat Back today - and holy crap its loud when on the throttle. Hurts my ears! But sounds good! I feel like a teenager again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts