Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive started my suspension on my 1990 gt. ive got the rear 50% question though springs and isos are in. working on the shock theres a yellow tubular looking thing what does this go on and how does it fit on the shock. im sorry my stock setup didnt work the same. Im assuming it goes on the top of the shock but underneath the car presses up against the bottom of the hatch and then its all covered by the plastic peaice in the kit. then the rubber gasket and the metal washer and then the nut to hold everything in place is this correct. sorry my typing is horrible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok so ive started my suspension on my 1990 gt. ive got the rear 50% question though springs and isos are in. working on the shock theres a yellow tubular looking thing what does this go on and how does it fit on the shock. im sorry my stock setup didnt work the same. Im assuming it goes on the top of the shock but underneath the car presses up against the bottom of the hatch and then its all covered by the plastic peaice in the kit. then the rubber gasket and the metal washer and then the nut to hold everything in place is this correct. sorry my typing is horrible.
Brand name, link, or picture?
:pics

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well here are my pics of my rear shock setup if anyone sees anything thats wrong let me know thanks. im not sure if the rear towers are too tight or not

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i was just checking because i had never done it before and just wanted to make sure the springs were in the right direction and the rubber absorbers in the rear on top of the shocks werent smashed too much the right side looks like it is "crushed more then the driver side. I drove it seemed fine. let me know

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
yup. got it installed all correct.

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
the last pic (I'm guessing is the right side) the bolt is a little over tightened but all else looks fine. I would just back that bolt up a little

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats next trust me going to try the fronts this weekend should be interseting yeah ill back the bolt out on the pass side thats what i was wondering it look a little more "smashed"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts