Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i dismounted my long tube header from the engine and the exhaust and pushed it out of the way, pic below. is there more then one wire going to the starter? anyway i traced the one going from the fender relay to the starter and it seems fine i disconnected it from the starter and cleaned up the connections the wire seems fine. this was all i had time for today, so tomorrow when i get back to it how do i test to see if that wire has power a fuse test light, and do i do it with the ignition on or will it only be live when im trying to start the vehicle. and if the wire is working then is it time to rip the starter off.

as always thanks....

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so the wire has power going to the starter, when i have someone crank it the test light turns on, but still nothing happens. so would you all say starter is toast or what, and i dont see a solenoid on it, and ive replaced the fender solenoid relay.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Most likely the starter is bad.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
+1. The stator might have a flat spot. Go to autozone and get a new one for $45.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok thanks

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well fellas shes fixed, it was a bad starter, and i took it for a spin good to go, cant wait for tomorrow to come i dont think ill be able to sleep tonight. it has been a week and a half now since ive drove it, i know thats less then some of you have gone but im desperate as its nice outside and everyones got there stangs out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts