Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i started the kmember install in my garage and the k member is ready to be dropped minus a couple bolts+motor mounts but before i drop it i have to support the engine! thats where im stuck right now. :( what are my options? the motor is too high to put a jack under the crank pulley and i dont have an engine hoist. so like i said, what options do i have to hold up the motor? and if by any chance i decide to rent a hoist, where can i find a place that rents them? thanx peoplez :usa

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Take a Chain from the back of the head to the front of the head with minimum slack take some towels and lay them across the tops of the fenders then side a 4x4 post through the chains and adjust them so there snug to the post that way when you drop the motor it will not drop...

The correct way to do it like you said is getting a hoist...

Or take a 4x4 post (Short) to sit on top of the Jack to give you the extra height you need to jack up the motor buy the crank pulley.

Both of the ways i listed are unsafe but in most cases work, (I have done it) Just don't get hurt either way you decide to do it...

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
your in the same boat I am....make yourself a bar out of 2"x2" thick wall square tube that will span from shock tower to shock tower, drill a hole directly in the center of the bar and put an eye bolt in it with the eye on the bottom and the threads coming up through...put a washer and the appropriate nut on the threads. take off your alternator an run two pieces of chain from the eye hole down to the two alternator mounting tabs on the engine block...put a bolt through each one and put tension on the chains using the bolt...now your ready to pull out the k-member...reps appreciated :D lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts