Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ive posted a few threads about color shemes and stuff for my black mustang but i want some input and opionions on what to do. Right now the car is black with no stripes, hood pins, 17' black FR500's, true duals(still have V6 bumper:sorry) smoked heads/tails, clear fogs, grille delete with black pony, chin spoiler(still havnt put on) and smoked 3rd brakelight. This summer I'm working on the visual part of it so i need some input! Do i get a GT bumper or dump the exhaust? Do i go wingless? My front bumper's paint is shot so do i repaint that with chin s. and grille delete or go for a different bumper? What about side skirts and side scoops? And finally do i add side stripes with different color "mustang" inserts, what color if so? Sorry for all the questions im just wanting some input from the pros:D Pics and more ideas are welcome:yes

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
keep in mind that adding too much visual stuff can kill the visual appeal of a car. so far your list sounds great...however just adding things on like side scoops and stuff will make the car look blehhh...if you're paints fading then maybe a respray is in order...or if you have the money a two tone is always a nice touch..

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not talking about the ricer xenon ones, im talking about adding bullitt or gt side scoops
and a respray isnt in the budget this year:(

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
install the chin spoiler asap. Also lowering your car make a hell of a difference. Buy some nice H & R SS or just cut them and save some cash. Get 20% window tint all around, you can get that at a shop for like 150-250 depending the place Bullitt side scoops would look nice, im going to do them in the future. Leave your chin spoiler the color that it is, Painted ones on 99-04 dont look right imo.

And keeping your car washed and nicely waxed will always make your car look great.

·
Registered
392 Posts
A simple look is a clean look imo. I would just get the bumper sprayed and install the chin spoiler. If you have a v6 rear bumper just dump the exhaust to save the money. Remember its your car just do what you think looks good.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Since you're a Steelers fan how bout black n yellow, black n yellow...lol. Maybe add yellow rocker panel sticker, yellow or silver calipers, and yellow bumper inserts. Also you could try royal blue rocker panel sticker, royal blue calipers, and royal blue bumper inserts. It kind of depends on do you want to stand out or just blend in. You very seldom see a 99-04 black mustang w/yellow accents or black w/royal blue accents. I have been toying with the idea of the royal blue for some time now but haven't made the leap.
These are just for a reference of color schemes:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've already got tint installed, its 20% all around, a drop would be nice but i have no experience with cutting springs or suspension in general :( But i love the hood i have so i dont think im going to change that. I'm still deciding if i want to go with a color sheme on my car or just keep it all black, i just dont want to "overkill" it and make it look autozone-ish. Im pretty sure im re-spraying the font bumper and installing the chin spoiler but havent decided on the rear bumper and dump situation, anyone have experience?
And the car is ALWAYS washed and waxed :yes

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i've had dumps, turndowns, side pipes, and out the back tails...ask away and i can give you experience when it comes to v6 exhaust lol...hell i even just put a mac prochamber on a v6 :cool:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Since you're a Steelers fan how bout black n yellow, black n yellow...lol. Maybe add yellow rocker panel sticker, yellow or silver calipers, and yellow bumper inserts. Also you could try royal blue rocker panel sticker, royal blue calipers, and royal blue bumper inserts. It kind of depends on do you want to stand out or just blend in. You very seldom see a 99-04 black mustang w/yellow accents or black w/royal blue accents. I have been toying with the idea of the royal blue for some time now but haven't made the leap.
These are just for a reference of color schemes:

isnt the gt/cs decal sposed to be a bit lower on the door? going down the middle of the door just looks retarded

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6er-what setup did you like best? Ive got divorced duals with 40's
and heres some pics for you Mana

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
first...horrible pics for chopping lol

second...the setup you have now is about as good as it gets on a sixxer w/o going with LT's, and a new midpipes

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the critisim :fu i keed! but they are all i have lol
but as far as dumps was the drone bad? I just hate the tiny ass tips the shop gave me and buying the GT bumper and new tips is just more money then I'd like to spend

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
thanks for the critisim :fu i keed! but they are all i have lol
but as far as dumps was the drone bad? I just hate the tiny ass tips the shop gave me and buying the GT bumper and new tips is just more money then I'd like to spend
i'd cut the tips off the back and see if the tubing is far enough back into the bumper to be hidden...if not then just do turn downs before the rear bumper

as for dumps...when facing the ground the drones not the problems...it's the horrible vibration...the only way i found to fix this was turning the tips toward the sides a good bit...still vibrated but not as bad

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alright well im still debating on what im guna do with exhaust but!
how about yellow side stripes, yellow mustang inserts and the pony in my grille delete yellow, opinions on that?

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
i'd cut the tips off the back and see if the tubing is far enough back into the bumper to be hidden...if not then just do turn downs before the rear bumper

as for dumps...when facing the ground the drones not the problems...it's the horrible vibration...the only way i found to fix this was turning the tips toward the sides a good bit...still vibrated but not as bad
Now I know why my car vibrates while I am at red lights now... Thanks.

OP stick to your plan with visuals, sounds great to me. But like 6er said don't overdue it please. It will kill everything.

·
Registered
547 Posts
alright well im still debating on what im guna do with exhaust but!
how about yellow side stripes, yellow mustang inserts and the pony in my grille delete yellow, opinions on that?
Everything sounds good except the side stripes. I would go with the racing stripes from bumper to bumper. NOT starting just starting at the hood. I think those would look sick with your set up

1 - 20 of 35 Posts