Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 mustang gt it has about 1.5 lowering springs with factory shocks. I’m running a 285/40/18 with no rubbing at all. I want to run a 15x10 race star with a 295/55/15 is this possible or do i need to change out springs. I still have the factory springs. I know I will need a sway bar relocation kit. Please help thanks Joe

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
The wheels will be fine but the tire choice is what you are going to have to deal with in regards to any rubbing issues. Here is a 28x11.5x 15 hoosiers on racestars. i've run them with the Prokit springs as well as the lower Cobra Jet R springs.

My street tires come closer to rubbing than my race tires. These are a 28.8" tall tire on an 18x10 rim.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
That will be a 28" tall tire and you should be fine. Double check the offset of the wheels just to be sure but mine fit without any issues. ^first pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to be a ding bat but can I leave my lowering springs the same and use the 275/60/15. I have the k springs from Ford Racing it lowers 1.5in in rear. The race stars from America muscle is 7.5 back spacing.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I hate to be a ding bat but can I leave my lowering springs the same and use the 275/60/15. I have the k springs from Ford Racing it lowers 1.5in in rear. The race stars from America muscle is 7.5 back spacing.
You'll be fine as that tire is not that wide. The pic sitting on the grass there are 305's and they still tuck under the fender.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found these wheels SVE mustang drag wheel offset +41 backspacing 7.2 a 15x10 wheel with a 275/60/15 will that stick out or fit under the fender well and look stupid

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
I found these wheels SVE mustang drag wheel offset +41 backspacing 7.2 a 15x10 wheel with a 275/60/15 will that stick out or fit under the fender well and look stupid
I don't know. It's only off the race stars by like 1/4". i would think that would be fine but not positive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts