Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I went ahead and cleaned my windows today and they are streaky as Hell lol. I used the Meguiars glass cleaner and a MF to apply it. What are some good glass cleaners/methods to use? Any help is welcome :D

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
Use a glass cleaning microfiber. Spray ur cleaner onto the cloth itself. Do a perimeter wipe and then wipe inbetween the perimeter you just did. If ur using a good glass cleaning MF it should come off with no streaks, however, I always follow up with a short nap microfiber .to buff off all residue. I use this method and never have streaks. Hope this helps.

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use a glass cleaning microfiber. Spray ur cleaner onto the cloth itself. Do a perimeter wipe and then wipe inbetween the perimeter you just did. If ur using a good glass cleaning MF it should come off with no streaks, however, I always follow up with a short nap microfiber .to buff off all residue. I use this method and never have streaks. Hope this helps.
Do you recommend any good cleaners?

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i just always use paper towels? wipe it down with a window cleaner soaked paper towel and then dry it off with a dry towel. hit it with another dry towel and bam good to go. the last dry towel will remove all streaks.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
Not trying to be a dick here but rather looking for an honest answer. Why spend the extra money on glass cleaners? Glass is glass correct? Only 1 way to clean it. If there's something I dont know please tell me. (being 100% serious, lol. Always open to learn new things)

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Sprayway worlds best class cleaner, 3$ at walmart in the cleaning isle not automotive. I have tried alot of them, this one for me is the best. Its ammonia free and safe for tint. It always leaves a pleasant smell in your car, so it doesn't smell like glass cleaner. Its also a foaming aerosol and cuts the best through the tobacco film.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
I use rain-x window cleaner with rain repellent. If you use it, you will actually never need windshield wipers again. Don't reccomend it for interior glass b/c its a little expensive.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
i just always use paper towels? wipe it down with a window cleaner soaked paper towel and then dry it off with a dry towel. hit it with another dry towel and bam good to go. the last dry towel will remove all streaks.
Paper towels leave residue and streaks!!

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
I've used paper towels since my first vehicle and never had streaks or residue. i just dont understand paying all this money for brand name cleaners when i can use walmart glass cleaner and have my windows look exactly the same

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
He speaks too fast. In his video demonstration his fast paced speech is distracting, looks like a good product though!

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Oh if you have tint on your windows ammonia from the cleaner will remove your tint and cause it to bubble and discolor. Automotive glass cleaner is gental and is safe to use on tint.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
It also dries out your dash causing cracks and fading.

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I use rain-x window cleaner with rain repellent. If you use it, you will actually never need windshield wipers again. Don't reccomend it for interior glass b/c its a little expensive.
If you use sealant on your windows that will do that exact same thing for much longer. After like 30 mph the rain just rolls off the windows.

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sprayway worlds best class cleaner, 3$ at walmart in the cleaning isle not automotive. I have tried alot of them, this one for me is the best. Its ammonia free and safe for tint. It always leaves a pleasant smell in your car, so it doesn't smell like glass cleaner. Its also a foaming aerosol and cuts the best through the tobacco film.
I might have to try that since it's inexpensive and I'm a tightwad with cash lol

·
Happy Man
2,472 Posts
I might have to try that since it's inexpensive and I'm a tightwad with cash lol
3 dollars for (I assume) 16 oz of product.

7 dollars for 16 oz of product for Glassworkz.

You can dilute glassworkz 1 to 4 making 64 oz of product.

So you are paying 12 dollars for walmart product for 7 dollars of CG product. Also if you have a membership to dc Glassworks is less than 5 dollars a bottle so you it's a ridiculous deal.

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3 dollars for (I assume) 16 oz of product.

7 dollars for 16 oz of product for Glassworkz.

You can dilute glassworkz 1 to 4 making 64 oz of product.

So you are paying 12 dollars for walmart product for 7 dollars of CG product. Also if you have a membership to dc Glassworks is less than 5 dollars a bottle so you it's a ridiculous deal.
I see your point. One of my issues is that being a single soldier in the Army I live in the barracks. I have a PO Box but for some reason CG doesn't ship to them :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts