Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of installing my UDP's from trick flow...I got a buddy helping me and when he did his he didn't bolt the stock dampner back to the crank pulley...do I need to? And if so why? And what could my friend of screwed up he's been running it like this for over a year...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesn't...our motors are internaly balanced...that's a dampner not a harmonic balancer

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my bbk's didn't need the dampner been runnin them for a year they are fine dunno about trick flow though but i wouldn't see you needing the dampner when you are actually trying to eliminate rotating mass.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i can't say its a positive yes but i think you wouldn't need it by now i would have broke the crank my car has seen 6000 to 6200 several times you should be fine plus like i said i don't think you would need it because you would have more rotating mass defeating the purpose of the pulleys

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the dampner doesn't balance the motor... So..I don't see the point of installing it...

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
I had to install mine, if you needed it you would of known, the motor would be shot by now.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What brand did you run and why did you need to install it....

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Summit but they are copy of bbk, and because the directions tell you too. That is on the crank, if the motor was setup with it then it needs to be on there unless its not a piggy back system which i just looked at bbk udp's and they are piggy back. Ill look at trick flow now for you

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Do you have a link to the ones you bought and i can tell you, some are piggy and some are not..Yours maybe have the intergrated sfi balancer. im sure the guy would of did it if it was piggyback, the motor would have got hot, do you notice that it got hot more?? or any noise

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
And it is a balancer, anything on the crank is something that balances it. You will have internal vibrations with out if but if its been a year like you said then dont worry about it cause you would of had a problem by now bro.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
bandity, when you post, its just so damn bright! Makes me squint. LOL. You ever watch those vids or what?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Haha na i forgot bro i will now,

and so you know its

bandit y2k 00

not bandity :) so lose the y :)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
LOLOL... yes sir!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I haven't got mine on ...its my friend who doesn't have the dampner on...and he has the bbk's...and he's been runningit over a year...but my trickflows look identical except they're blue

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
As long as it looks like it has a balancer made onto it, they sell both styles, im sure its fine if its been that long, it will have wholes in it if its made to have it on there..Just look for the mounting holes

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No it says to in the instructions and both of ours has the holes for it...but he has been running with out it for well over a year now... I'm just gonna put the damn thing on...it looks odd though

1 - 20 of 35 Posts