Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal. I currently have 3.73s and a tlok and bearing kit waiting to be installed. You can look at my sig for my current mods and I have a 5spd. My quesitons are

1. First i want to get a windstar and hopefully nitrous. The first thing is would i be able to safely launch at a track with just the windstar? ik that i cant with nitrous.
2. Second would it be a waist for me to get nitto drag radials with my stock wheels and use now. I mean if i am not launchin with nitrous with only my bolt ons will I have trouble with traction, and would launching with nittos break my rearend?
3.Where can I get an alternator over drive pulley?

Ok please do not move this to the drag race section, I wanted it to stay in the v6 section because the people here really know a lot of the limits of the t lok and the 7.5 rearend. The drag section would just say ditch the 7.5 and get an 8.8. Ok thanks.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Its hard to tell. I know it didn't take much for my 85 GT to bust a main cap and completely gut the rearend on street tires. :D

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok, does anyone else have any other things to add in? and how about the overdrive alternator pulley?

ok one more question to add. I am looking at maybe getting lts, and i found pacesetters are they good? I know I have seen MAC lts but where is a good place to find them.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does noone know on the pacesetter headers, and on the overdrive alternator pulleys? jc. and no other input on the other questions.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
noone has any information on the pacesetter lt headers? or on the overdrive alternator pulley?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Not many people try to overdrive an alternator pulley. Can I ask why you are doing it? Your best bet would be to steal a alt. pulley out of a underdrive kit or go junkyard hopping and find one that is smaller than the one you have now.
As for the headers I have installed a few sets on Camaros and they are ok but i have no experience with them on Mustangs.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok well i want overdrive pulley for my alternator because i have underdrive pulleys and i noticed that my lights dim when i am idling, I know that it really won't hurt anything but it would just give some peace of mind in the winter.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
if you had a detriot tru trac i'd say you could launch find with nittos and a nitrous.
a ford racing posi..no.

your nitto's will be find for you setup. and you should easily be able to spray 2nd gear. Some people with nitrous setups have it set to where it wont spray in first but every other gear. My friends GT500 is setup that way only i can not remember the box for it's name.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks so so so much man i am glad i got an answer. and i will stick with my tlok until i am unsatisfied with my times then i might move up. and on the alternator is it ok if my lights dim a little as long as i do not like crank my stero idling so my battery dies?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.