Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So friends have been asking me to detail their cars, mainly for swirl remover and such! they pay for product and throw a 20 my way (their friends, so it's not a big deal) and i'll do it for them if i can!

but i'm getting tired of using my good stuff and having to keep re-ordering! So my question is, can i just got o autozone, pick up some cheaper stuff like meguiar swirl removed and wax and be fine?

I mean even for HEAVY swirls? will meguir's be enough?!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Mothers Clay, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Meguiars Ultimate Polish, Autoglym HD you can get it at pepboys on sale for like $20 its great stuff and will not be at that price for much longer. They should at least give you $100, or $50 and drinks at a bar or club and that is still working like a dog.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
exactly what danny said.
20$ is beyond too low, EVEN for friends.
100$ bare minimum.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't mind doing it!! it's good practice AND they do a lot for me! but for future reference i'll charge a 100 for when their friends decided they want me to detail theirs!

It get's my name out once they see how good the car looks!

And thanks!

now my other question, safely washing my pads!?!?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I really don't mind doing it!! it's good practice AND they do a lot for me! but for future reference i'll charge a 100 for when their friends decided they want me to detail theirs!

It get's my name out once they see how good the car looks!

And thanks!

now my other question, safely washing my pads!?!?
Just let my pads soak in hot water in my kitchen sink with Dawn or Zep citrus at 4:1 overnight I let them soak and all the polish breaks down and stays at the bottom of the sink. I then re wash them individually and let them sit in just water for a few hours then let them air dry and store them in a plastic storage bin. They come out really clean.

Reactions: H-town-gt

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ thanks!!! reps

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Mothers Clay, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Meguiars Ultimate Polish, Autoglym HD you can get it at pepboys on sale for like $20 its great stuff and will not be at that price for much longer. They should at least give you $100, or $50 and drinks at a bar or club and that is still working like a dog.
Agreed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts