Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey im really hoping you guys can help me cause im worried about my car. When its idleing, its making like some sort of hissing noise? it idles fine and everything, could possibly be a ticking noise but i looked on youtube and it sounds nothing like all the ticking in those videos. its a really quiet noise but it bothers me and makes me worry. Also, once shutting of the car, a noise comes from the engine bay that sounds like hissing, almost like air coming of a tire, but not as loud, but it only lasts for about 10 seconds and then goes away. Does anyone have and idea what the possible problem is?? it could just be nothing, i know i probably worry to much about my car and am overly catious but thanks for any help

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Could be the IAC, or the radiation expansion tank

·
Registered
135 Posts
Vacuum leak maybe

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I doubt its a vacuum leak, unless he hears it at idle. As you shut the motor off, vacuum reduces. So it would be harder to hear.

Just stand with the hood open and have some turn the car on and off, and try to pin point where its coming from. Its probally really not a big deal even at all. My coolant expansion tank does that most of the time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
+1 on standing infront of it with hood up and try and pin point it. Just read the hissing part and vacuum was the first thing that popped in my head. If it is expansion tank is there anything that can be done to stop it?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Only thing I can think of, is one time I put my throttle body gasket on backwards with the Mac TB, it goes on a certain way and I had alittle leak right there. But yeah I wouldnt stress it man, its not an abnormal thing. But if it worrys you, post a video of it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
try checking your radiator and hoses etc..also look at your coolant crossover tube on the front of the intake manifold for a leak as well.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im just curious, but if it was something major in the engine, when i shut the car off, the sound should stop too right? so the fact the i hear something after i shut it off could mean that its not something serious with the engine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The sound should stop, if it doesn't its probably your expansion tank... look for any coolant bubbling out from the tank. But it probably wouldn't start "hissing" til your car is warmed up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts