Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being serious here, my wife wants to have a baby. I do to, but im scared. Scared im going to **** up. Any advice. Just something thats been eating at me for a while... Help please.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Just act cool. Don't try to rush it. Pretend you know what you're doing, but don't be too pushy. Definitely don't make a bunch of weird faces or animal noises. I suggest a little four play leading up to it to get her warmed up. There's nothing to be scared of. Sex is one of the best things leading up to kids. Goodluck, we're all pulling for ya little buddy.

·
impecunious
7,412 Posts
I don't know how to help you but I will say I only hope I can find a woman who doesn't have this inexplicable urge to immediately throw away our prime years and our still fresh financial independence. People always say "It's so rewarding" and "You won't get it until you do it", and that might be true but I'm not sure I understand the urge some people have.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
What exactly are you scared of ****ing up? How old are you and your wife? You'll be having your first kid. There are tons of things you will **** up, but they will still love you unconditionally.

As far as age and "throwing your prime years away", take that with a grain of salt. My son helped push my wife and I to complete our schooling while working fulltime. Honestly, my "prime years" were nothing but wasting money, drinking alcohol, and making terrible life decisions. Plus, now I can use this "dad bod" excuse now lol

Reactions: Eagle2000GT

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Kids don't come with an instruction manual. No one is perfect. The important thing is to just do the best you can. As long as your are not a complete derelict you should be fine.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly are you scared of ****ing up? How old are you and your wife? You'll be having your first kid. There are tons of things you will **** up, but they will still love you unconditionally.

As far as age and "throwing your prime years away", take that with a grain of salt. My son helped push my wife and I to complete our schooling while working fulltime. Honestly, my "prime years" were nothing but wasting money, drinking alcohol, and making terrible life decisions. Plus, now I can use this "dad bod" excuse now lol
We are both about to be 24, and my prime years? I dont think has happened yet, I have had a normal routine for the past couple years, granted things have changed got married built a house, I drink a couple beers but for the most part on spending im very conservative, I try to treat my money like its my last. It seems like a child is a lot of peoples reasoning to have a better drive like you just said, Ive talked to my dad a few times and he said I was his drive to strive. But why im scared, Im scared that I want be able to provide like I should as a father, I want my child to have all the things I didnt and more.

Kids don't come with an instruction manual. No one is perfect. The important thing is to just do the best you can. As long as your are not a complete derelict you should be fine.
Thank you for this, we are all different, and I know I am far from perfect. I know ill just have to give it my all and try my hardest even when im down and out.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
I'm 29. Still have pretty much no desire to have children. Too much stuff left to do and see. It's hard enough trying to figure out what to do with a dog when we travel. At least I can just leave him at home for 9 hours without having to worry about anything.

Sorry this likely doesn't make you feel better. You should definitely talk it out to the tiniest little detail with your wife because if y'all are not on the same page about something life-changing like that, that would not be good. But if y'all are both on the same page and want children, then don't worry too much about what happens next - people have been figuring out raising children for tens of thousands of years.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
i'd wait if i were you, but if i were me, which i am, i wouldn't do it at all

probably best to switch up to anal for a while to think about it

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Here is my take...

I always thought having a life without a kid in my 20's and we'll into my 30's would help fulfill my void of "living it up" before I had kids. During that time I created a lot of memories, created a lot of friendships, and did basically whatever I wanted to do. I had my house built at 24 and was stable. I could have had kids back then but I didn't.

But now that I have my son...

I feel selfish for not trying to have kids sooner. I am almost 40 and if I knew then what I know now...if I knew then how I would feel now, I would go back and be able to spend another 15 years of life with my son. I can't take those 15 years back now. How will those 15 years make a difference? If he does the same thing I did (wait) then I may or may not meet my grandkids(s) if he has children because I will be nearly 80. Will I be alive? Will I have all of my mind? Who knows. I just wish I could go back and try earlier.

Granted we ran into a problem that delayed us six years when we did try, but bottom line I would totally rather trade in all of the superficial stuff of "living it up" for more time with my son.

He has taught me how to see the world so much different. To love different. To appreciate the gift of life. To find a way to be more efficient with work so I can come home earlier and spend more time with him. Every. Single. Day. I get excited to leave work and come home to my little boy who is happy to see his dad walk in the door. I go straight to him and play with him on the floor, it's a daily ritual. He knows when I come home that it's time to laugh and smile playing with baby toys and making goofy sounds.

As far as "being ready", like someone told me many years ago, "If you wait until you are ready to have kids, then you just might not ever have them or it will be too late. Just do it."

The viper and mustang literally just sit in the garage. I don't have much interest in them anymore. He is my world now. Never in my life did I ever imagine I would feel that way.

My wife is a fantastic mother to our little boy. The natural highs from our little moments with the three of us are unlike any superficial experience or memory I've ever had.

I don't believe that having kids will fix problems with an individual or a relationship, but he has certainly inadvertently made me be the best version of myself.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
You need me to give you step by step instructions bro?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the late response, but a lot of this really helped me, even what dick head Chris said. I believe I am ready to start try, and we are talking about it now. Thank you all so much and if it wasn't for Royal and that diagram I might have been screwed...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Your mouth can’t get pregnant

1 - 14 of 14 Posts