Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Put e3 Plugs in yesterday. Ran great after, dont know if its related or not.

I pulled over today to find my badge for work. When pulling over i heard a bang.. scince i pull off the road...like a 2 inch drop.

After finding it i pulled back on the road and my car started hesitating and shaking.

My exhaust went from the normal sound to more of a throbbing sound. Runs fine just its now throbbing and hesitating and SHAKING ALOT. Exhaust is shaking, motor is shaking and i can feel it inside the car.

Im at work and i dont know what to do!!!
Help! ='(

I opend the hood and all the conections seemed alright...and i checked my blower and theres no vacum leaks or atleast ones i see.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Take a good look under the car, might have knocked something loose.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
if you heard a bang when pulling over, the underside must have hit something. my cats are coated in scrapes, but sounds like you hit pretty hard, hard enough to break something. deffinately jack her up and look at everything underneath

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apperently According to my shop (Bob Bell ford in Glen burnie Maryland) One of the plugs shorted and it cost me 350 to repair a 6 dollar plug......

I would have had it not done if they had accualy told me what they were doing. They blamed it on the plugs not being Ford Motorcraft plugs for being the problem.

Now my parents are making me pay for it... i hate life.

(Now i need to up my fuel system seeing as the e3's burn alot more fuel)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Apperently According to my shop (Bob Bell ford in Glen burnie Maryland) One of the plugs shorted and it cost me 350 to repair a 6 dollar plug......

I would have had it not done if they had accualy told me what they were doing. They blamed it on the plugs not being Ford Motorcraft plugs for being the problem.

im sure theres some way of getting out of paying that...:shiftyeyes
ha ha ha. i have 321 posts! :D

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts

The sucks, Id try and contact the makers of the E3 plugs and get them back from the dealer. At the very least get reimberssement for the bad plugs.

And wft you expect your parents to pay to fix your car? Go find your balls and take care of your own ****.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
And wft you expect your parents to pay to fix your car? Go find your balls and take care of your own ****.
They wont let me own the car because they want to be able to take my car away. I offered to pay for it but they wont let me. Just drop it.

I think im going to give the company a call. I dont think its right i have to pay that much for repairs for their bad plug.
Also now im getting a lean fuel / vacum leak code and the lights on.... ugh...

My mechanic said i need to upgrade the fuel system. What size injectors should i go? Also what fuel pump? I run 6psi right now but i want some wiggle room.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
if on stock injectors, at 6psi you are probably getting close to if not exceeding their capabilities. go to a 30lb or so and you will be just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts