Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... i finally got my car programmed and was hopin for a 12sec pass tonight.. i had my tire pressure around 8-10 lbs last time i was there and it was hookin up pretty good my best time was a 13.0 @ 104 with a 1.84 60'.... then my coil pack started cuttin out.. well... i fixed that. so i figured a 12 would be no problem... my fastest pass tonight was a [email protected] wtf? how do i lose .4 and 4MPH? Was it cuz i dropped my tire pressure 2 low? cuz i dropped it down to like 6 or so... i did a 4k launch and it just fell on its face... it has never done that. but my fastest 60' tonight was like 1.99. was i gettin too much traction? it kinda pissed me off cuz last week i was runnin a 13.3 @103 with a coil pack cuttin out and it runs good tonight and cant pull faster than a 100mph..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I always thought 21 was the magic number for the strip...dont quote me on that one though.....6 is way too low! Heck rock crawlers dont even run that low.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought 21 was the magic number for the strip...dont quote me on that one though.....6 is way too low! Heck rock crawlers dont even run that low.
21 way to high wit mine.. i normally run 25 and on the street i can punch it in second gear and when it gets to almost 4 grand the tires will start spinning from it pullin...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you are right though.. i think 6 is too low but i just never put any back in.... until i left... but i dont see how i can drop 4mph over a week and it be running better than last week.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Wow, man, with 6 psi the thing slowing you down was probably the rubber. Good numbers, though, it's guys like you who give guys like me hope for 12.Xs :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
21 way to high wit mine.. i normally run 25 and on the street i can punch it in second gear and when it gets to almost 4 grand the tires will start spinning from it pullin...
One of two things..either you have crappy tires or you need to practice your launch....never drop your pressure below 15 psi imho. Well that is if you like running on rims instead of rubber :eek:

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, man, with 6 psi the thing slowing you down was probably the rubber. Good numbers, though, it's guys like you who give guys like me hope for 12.Xs :)
you have more mods than i do really... like more power mods... only thing that gives me power that i have is a bbk cai, prof products 75mm tb and plenum, and hypertech programmer...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just dont get how my car was running better but it got slower.. i dont see how letting a few more lbs of pressure out of the tires would make me .4 slower and 4mph slower...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not really..... front sway bar delete and full length subframe connectors is all the suspension mods i have lol... which you could do that for free if you can find a wrecked 99+ convertible and jank the subframe connectors. lol.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not saying you guys dont know what you talkin about but i wish ac, drgn, or hmusn would read this and give me their oppinion... they the traction guys lol... and sweet2kstang

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Yeah those guys are the guys I was talkin about... especially AC... 350 all-motor 2v horsepower. Sick.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
drgn gotta beast car man.. i wish i could get it... 12.0 all motor with only 305 rwhp... i figure my car might have 280 and he runnin a full second faster...

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmusn help me out here bro! or drgn.... i highly respect yalls opinion... what yall think the problem is? what tire pressure should i run

1 - 17 of 17 Posts