Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the car back from the shop and im a not happy with the results...not as much HP as i expected, and seat of pants increase is not what i expected either...here is the setup

95 5.0 Stock bottom end
AFR 185's, TF Track heat upper and lower, custom comp cam, MSD dizzy and 6al, bbk long tubes, magna flow cat back, c&l 76MM MAF and tube assembly, 30lb injectors, 75mm throttle body,no smog, pulleys, T-5, SCT tune

Items in blue are new items that were just put on. previous dyno pull on same dyno made 203rwhp, and 280 ftlbs of torque

adding items in blue got me 260.2 rwhp, and only 285.14ftlbs of torque

wtf....should have been more....any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Where are you having the car tuned

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
nevermind i didnt even read the dynosheet. I feel like a dumbass..lol I would vote springs also. Did you use the ones that came on the heads?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
springs are the ones that came in the 185's....how far off do you guys think the numbers are?

·
Registered
519 Posts
the problem is more than likely around the cam and springs. that combo should be over 300rwhp

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont know the exact specs of the springs other than they are the ones that come with the AFR part number 1492, and they are good to .550 lift...

stock fuel pump and stock regulator...i know...thats my next thing to do, but would it really hold it back 40hp? i think the stock pump is good to about 350-375 flywheel.

cam specs: .512 lift, duration 218 intake, 224 exhaust, 114 lobe seperation, all at 50

dblzroracin- i have heard good things about those guys too. Dynospeed did my work....

·
November 08 ROTM
1,356 Posts
both BB&T and Dynospeed are good mustang shops in Memphis. Joe at dynospeed tuned mine off the dyno and ive had little trouble with it. ive only bought nitrous from BB&T but they know theyre stuff too. did they say why it could have been a bit low? was it on a mustang dyno or a dynojet?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know. i have never heard a bad thing about Dynospeed either which is even more confusing that they seem to be ok with the results.

joe tuned mine as well, and it was on a dynojet.

the head mechanic said he had racked his brain on this car and didnt know why it didnt make more. this is BS.:(

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah..thats my point...i told them i think the numbers are low and they look at me with disappoitment in their eyes and say "man, we racked our brains on this car..."...thats about all they are saying...and i keep saying, WTF is wrong...somethings not right....

1 - 20 of 69 Posts