Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to spend around a grand im thinking udps, performance water pump(someone said that would free up about 10 hp),ported tb and plenum, and midpipe and exits for the exaust how much power would that add and is it do able for that price

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats like 400 to get them installed the stuff i want i know how to do myself

·
Registered
200 Posts
I hear you..for the money though...none of those mods will make the difference that gears will make for you. I finally got to experience 4:10's before I ordered mine and was sold instantly.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what kind of gains will i get

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot to say cai also i heard udps about 5 and water pump about 10 exaust 10 to 15

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
ok you complaning about spending 400 for gears that will help you more than anything you are getting.. but i guess you dont know a mossier(however you spell that) electric water pump is 400 bucks.. then dont forget you gonna pay to pull your stuff apart to put it on... lets just say you get the tb, plenum, exhuast, and cold air intake.. a gt with gears and exhaust is gonna walk all over your azz... just letting you know.. think you need to read some threads on here more..

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
and if your a stick the things you pick out might give you a total of 10-maybe 15 hp.. if you get a tune, with thats stuff and no tune.. you will barely feel anything. car will be running pretty rich though so you will smell the difference..lol

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
yea get the gears lol... if u want performance that is...

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so maybe i do need to rethink this what do you guys think the most i can make for under a grand

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o i wasnt complaining about the 400 for gears i was thinking i would make more the other way i was already gonna get gears later down the road 3:90s

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
nah get the gears first, a cat back and a mid pipe and cold air, thats your grade right there..lol... sorry.. modular is ****ing expensive.. yeah it sucks.. and a pro 5.0 if you are a stick.. you can find a good magnaflow cat back on ebay for a good deal... mid pipe about 150-200 bucks.. do it yourself.. pro 5.0 short throw about 150 bucks, get you a jlt cold air or a c&l. but if you serious budget after the other stuff just get you a bbk for now. for about 100 bucks i think.. if you that short on cash you can get you some weld ins..flows or magnaflow like 100 bucks installed. and save money that way.. but its just all up to whatever you wanna do.. its your money can tell somebody really how to spend it just suggest ya know..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
ive been looking through ebay and craiglist, you will save money, my new steeda pullies were 100, new mac o/r h pipe 100, used mgw shifter 120 and some other stuff

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have ported t/b, and plenum readily available. a mid pipe will give a little more than a cat back will power wise, and will change the way the stock catback sounds too. gears are a good investment if you want them. i love my c&l maf and inlet set up and recommend that, but is personal preference on what brand you want. i just installed the emp water pump and like it, if you working on a budget, might want to lookin into that.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
if you are wantin performance... 4:10s, jlt, cai, o/r x pipe if you dont have emissions problems, and catback exhaust... you lookin at around 1k there

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so ill get 390s cai o/rx and cat backs maybe flowtech headers

1 - 20 of 31 Posts