Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, but today I bought an '87 Mustang for $600. It's pretty much a mess, but it should turn out to be fun project. It's got no tranny, but the engine runs fine.

I just got it in the driveway and snapped a few pics. I'm stripping the interior this weekend and will probably head over to the Pick 'n Pull to start looking for a tranny.

I'll be taking pics along the way, just like e3sean is doing in his thread. It'll be slow going, but it has begun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got almost all the interior out. I can't believe how much work this is going to be! Oh well. . .

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
when i gutted my '82 Capri i took out the dash and gutted it and then replaced it. it was completely hollow but looked intact. i gutted the entire wiring harness and re-wired the essencials, lights brakes ect.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I'm new here, but today I bought an '87 Mustang for $600. It's pretty much a mess, but it should turn out to be fun project. It's got no tranny, but the engine runs fine.

I just got it in the driveway and snapped a few pics. I'm stripping the interior this weekend and will probably head over to the Pick 'n Pull to start looking for a tranny.

I'll be taking pics along the way, just like e3sean is doing in his thread. It'll be slow going, but it has begun.
looks like u have a bit more work then i did but good luck u already have the interrior out...props to that dont get discouraged and dont stop working on it... u have any money saved up what are the plans?

·
Registered
371 Posts
cool man at least on the outside all you need is a tail light and a nose cone, as for the trans it probably would ahve been beat to hell anyway, so at least youll start with something good when you put one in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wowie, that stang is rough. atleast someone enjoyed it. what happened to it? was it in the middle of a hurricane or something? great score though, lets you do what you want to the care while you refresh it. can't wait to see it when its done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a ton of money saved up, so the plastic might start burning a whole in my wallet. Right now the plans are pretty simple. I just want to get the interior/exterior straight and a trans to get it driving.

After all that, the real fun can begin. This is my first Mustang, so I've been looking at what you all have done to your cars to get some ideas for down the road. The "wish list" is starting to get pretty long. . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not exactly sure what happened to it. The guy I bought it from, said he got it from some meth-heads who blew the trans trying to race it. He was going to use it as a project for himself, but he's going to Saudi Arabia for a year and had to get rid of it. It was sitting in a storage lot on base while he had it.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
not bad for 600 bucks. looks like a fun project

·
Registered
685 Posts
should be fun

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i have a dashboard in real good condition along with the frame and wireharness if u are intersted...

·
Registered
334 Posts
when i gutted my '82 Capri i took out the dash and gutted it and then replaced it. it was completely hollow but looked intact. i gutted the entire wiring harness and re-wired the essencials, lights brakes ect.
You sure you don't mean Camn's 82 capri? :D

couldn't resist

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
sadley, i would have definatly paid 600 for that, other then the front and the back, it doesnt look to bad!!

keep us posted!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts