Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres some food for thought on people living off of fake disability claims

this is not directed at un employment, its directed at the fake disability claims that cost us billions a year.

I just walked into my local chain grocery store and saw a guy I went to highschool with that has ceribal palsy(sp sp) and a few other things, And he is wheel chair bound the rest of his life. The nicest guy you'll ever meet and if he could he would take the shirt off his back and drive across the country for you.

Well he was WORKING at the grocery store. He may have only been a greeter but I thought it was pretty awesome to see my old buddy from highschool working when no one else thought he would be.

He could collect benefits from the government the rest of his life if he wanted to and never have to work and just be supported. But he chooses to work and meet people because he's a social person with a great attitude.

I couldn't help but think about the MILLIONS of Americans living off of fake medicare and disability claims, choosing not to work just because they are missing a big toe and doctored up the disability claim paper work so they are supported buy SSI just because they're to lazy.
And then you have my friend from highschool that cant even walk and barely move his lower extremities and also a mental disability. Yet he is working a 40 hour week and bringing home a pay check when he doesnt even need to.

Anyone who is living off the government for a missing toe or knee problems or back problems should be ashamed of themselves. If a man like the one I explained can work then YOU can too.

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i see that alot around here man,i mean alot.ppl around here work 1 day in the coal mines and have been on a check for 40 years and always say" man i tell you what,when i worked in the coal mines we really work our asses off" but seriously .......they was a guy that worked at food city in a wheel chair that bagged grocery and even stocked the store.dunno about his attitude cause i never really talked to him but props to being a brave guy and working everyday,,,and he also drove to work in a little s 10 with his hands....

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
everyone's situation is different....you aren't taking a lot of factors into account here. A lot of those claims may be bullshit to you, but they are in fact real. My dad's friend was buried in tons of dirt on the job he has been living on disability. Just because he had tons of back surgeries and can walk (granted with a TON of pain and pretty slowly) doesn't mean he needs to work in a grocery store or something. His expenses are too high.

It's a real claim, it just may be bullshit to you. He's not out on the roof cleaning his gutters or doing manual labor. There are people who abuse the system, but there are a lot of people with real claims but they are bullshit to you because you see things through your perspective only.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
My mom couldn't get disability some how...yet she can only see out of one eye and has bad vision out of it. And has seizures all the time. A stress disorder. Yet she got denied the system is a joke anyways.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
almost everybody gets deined the first time. you have to try again and in alot of cases seek legal help
yea but she is the type that hates going through all the crap to get it. Well after years we finally talked her into going to talk to someone about it and the lady was like oh im sure you will qualify. and after several appointments/psychological testing she got denied and it just depressed her so much she gave up.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
the ppl im talking about would work there self to death stealing but yet wont work and will lay around on a check,if they can work stealing than they can get a job

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Theres a simple fix to this... Anyone that is on government aid should be required to do 30 hours of community service each week cleaning up our parks or streets unless they have a Dr notice saying that they are uncapable of moving. I understand there are valid cases where people cant work but a vast majority of them can ( this goes more towards unemployment rather than disability ). But when they have to do that, the $7/hr job behind the counter at McDonalds seems much more appealing.

Just my 0.02...

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Theres a simple fix to this... Anyone that is on government aid should be required to do 30 hours of community service each week cleaning up our parks or streets unless they have a Dr notice saying that they are uncapable of moving. I understand there are valid cases where people cant work but a vast majority of them can ( this goes more towards unemployment rather than disability ). But when they have to do that, the $7/hr job behind the counter at McDonalds seems much more appealing.

Just my 0.02...
I agree with this 100%.

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts

Just my 0.02...
this + drug testing = perfect

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts

Just my 0.02...
Definitely more so for unemployment.

·
meh
5,272 Posts
My second cousin, who is 22, has Down Syndrome.. but yet he has a job. Not because he needs the money (his parents are loaded) but because he enjoys working and being around people.

When I see people who, like you say, are on disability or welfare because they are lazy, and are not truly unable to work, it really pisses me off.

·
Registered
371 Posts
the only problem with drug testing to get that is what about the kids of these parents without that money they may not eat? you take them out of that home then foster home rates sky rocket then where just spending that money on kids in homes?

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
I have serious back problems and have to take 200 mgs of opiates a day just to get out of bed. But I am self employed and still get to work

·
meh
5,272 Posts
the only problem with drug testing to get that is what about the kids of these parents without that money they may not eat? you take them out of that home then foster home rates sky rocket then where just spending that money on kids in homes?

Wouldn't it be better if the kids got the money so they can get out of that environment and have a shot at a decent life, instead of the welfare supporting the drug habits of their parents, and the kids ending up just like their parents?

If the parents were cut off from welfare and the kids were taken to foster homes and whatnot, the druggie parents would have to get their **** together real quick, or starve. The adults, even the druggies, have a choice. The kids don't.

Furthermore, anyone can get a job.. it may not be the best job in the world, but it's something. Mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms.. other manual labor.. hell even telemarketing. That's even in the A/C. There are always job openings somewhere. And, if you work hard, you can move up and get a better job. But of course, it's easier to do nothing and get money mailed to you. And as long as it is, this problem will never go away.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wouldn't it be better if the kids got the money so they can get out of that environment and have a shot at a decent life, instead of the welfare supporting the drug habits of their parents, and the kids ending up just like their parents?

If the parents were cut off from welfare and the kids were taken to foster homes and whatnot, the druggie parents would have to get their **** together real quick, or starve. The adults, even the druggies, have a choice. The kids don't.

Furthermore, anyone can get a job.. it may not be the best job in the world, but it's something. Mowing lawns, cleaning bathrooms.. other manual labor.. hell even telemarketing. That's even in the A/C. There are always job openings somewhere. And, if you work hard, you can move up and get a better job. But of course, it's easier to do nothing and get money mailed to you. And as long as it is, this problem will never go away.
true never thought of it like that. reps:yes

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts

Just my 0.02...
this + drug testing = perfect
Definitely more so for unemployment.
agreed

idk about you guys but imo i think that there are only a handful types of personalities and 2 of them are or could be laziness and the need to cheat, steal, etc so no matter what, people will always try to take the easiet way out and it seems like thats where our problem is

if that makes sense

and volunteering is underrated, i have to volunteer at a veterans home for a class and i love it

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
i don't want anymore money wasted by implementing drug tests...it would cost far more to test everyone than we would save by getting those 8% of people who use drugs....

also then what do you do? send them all to rehab? that costs money too.

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
i ****ing love you drick. another thing that came to mind when reading this was those ****ers who use foodstamps and dont need them. I work part time at a grocery store, so i see quite a few of them daily. About half of them have on nice clothes, cute purses, have there make up and hair done, got some cologne on, and nice shoes. If I didnt have respect for the grocery store i worked at, i would say something to each and every one of them and start a huge scene. And sadly, about 90% of them are mexican, and probably illegal.

that **** pisses me offr more than anything else in this world. If i was president, no one would get gov't unless they literally couldnt survive without them. I would also require them to take a drug test everytime.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts