Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions. Ever since i've put my o/r h pipe on. my car has had very bad hesitation and when it hesitates you can hear a popping threw the exhaust. I tired changing the plugs and this did not help. Also my CEL is on, i was reading that mil eliminators would take care of that, but then i heard there not for the 94-95s. So what is another way to get the CEL off?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would check your codes and see what they are. The hesitation and the CEL are most likely linked together. Did you disconnect your o2 sensors when you did the swap and maybe forget to re-connect them?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the o2s are connected and the i read and the code. and the code was "running rich on the right side".

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I would start with timing then, make sure that is correct. Maybe someone with a little more EFI experience can give you some more ideas.

What was the exact code and how did you get it? That could be a bad o2 sensor on the right side, but I would think you would get an o2 code for that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have changed the plugs. And my timing is stock. I read somewhere that changing the distributer would help?

·
Registered
146 Posts
did you change anything else besides the h pipe ?? if thats all you changed then make sure you did not damage the o2 sensors and also make sure the sensor is sitting all the way in the pipe some times the thread is too long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts