Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If they sell,

C pillar beams or trunk beams for our car to stiffen it up and for looks???

Such as;

I am a Ford guy and own 3 fords... dont hate on the Civic and VW just trying to give you guys the image... If I cant find one I am thinking of pulling the rear interior and fabbing up one??

I may buy the one my buddies buying for his RSX (its adjustable & the RSX is the same width) powdercoat is and figure out mounting...

OR, Buying a Street bolt in cage and either having it powdercoated also or chromed... (I know the dangers of bolt in and would put it in for shows take it out for dd).

I think it would add a nice custom touch let me get your input...

-Joe

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have any links??? I just am not crazy about Roll bars that go across the door panels... I dont mind squeezing in but it just looks like it can really get annoying...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The one I'm talking about, doesn't run in front of the door panels. It sits behind the front seats, the branches off to the trunk area off of the top of the bar. Google 4pt roll cage. It comes up with a couple images.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
Steeda makes a rear "Shock Tower Brace" Heres a pic of mine.
If your looking for bling... this is in the trunk, so you really dont see it.

Corbeau and Sparco both make "Harness Bars" which is is a heavy bar that goes across the car and attaches to the top seat belt bolts on both sides of the car. that would also help to stiffen things up.

But really, sub frame connectors to the most.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sirl;

I really dig the rear bar, I am looking for functional bling lol... I have every bolt on minus f/i and I am just trying to get my car looking and handling better...

I planned on stripping the trunk and taking all the sound densening out for weight loss and so I can paint the trunk the color of the car so that beam would look amazing...

Do you have any links too sites where I can buy one?
I didnt think to use the top of my shocks I am positive worst comes to worst I can fab something now!

-Joe

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Griggs makes a bolt in roll bar that doesnt go across the doors

With just a main hoop like that, that bar provides almost no rollover protection. Triangulate it with at least two rearward supports (i.e. most 4pt rollbars) or don't waste your time.

Regarding the original question, look at the stresses on the car - does the body actually flex relative to the bracing you're looking to put in, and if there is flex, would that bracing actually prevent that it?

Look at the rear shock tower braces - are there actually any forces that cause compression or expansion between the top of the shocks? *Maybe* if you've converted to coilover, and even then I doubt it.

If you want to stiffen your chassis, my suggestion is a 4-pt rollbar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.