Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Give him a sedagive!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi real quick. I purchased my dream car back in May of this year, a 2004 Mustang GT. It was a 1-owner clean and beautiful car, owned by a chick! I couldn't pass it up! She bought Cobra front brakes, Ford C-Springs as well as KYB suspension which was, of course, included with the car. It had 75k on it when I bought it, it now has just under 81k. I love it, it's a blast to drive. Everyone gets jealous.

Also, I recently purchased a pair of SLP resonators that my mechanic said would be expensive to install, so hopefully I can get someone to put them in for under $100. Next I'd like to pick up some authentic chrome 03 cobra wheels with tires, hopefully someone near me is looking to get rid of a set. I don't plan on modding the engine until I've got the money and time, I need to keep it stock and reliable because it is my daily driver and my only car as well.

Anyway, thanks guys. Hope to get lots of information here and some deals as well.

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum, i'm sure you will enjoy it here. The SLP's shouldn't be too much for the install. I had my SLP LM1's installed and dumped before the axle for $125. That included the turn downs as well.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Yeah for installation, all you have to do is cut and weld. Should be fairly cheap.

·
MM's Resident Male Nurse
1,314 Posts
Welcome! Nice car!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome! Also consider getting the 18" Chrome Cobra Replicas. Just my .002

·
Give him a sedagive!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! Where in NY you from?
Thanks man - I'm in the Bronx.

Welcome! Also consider getting the 18" Chrome Cobra Replicas. Just my .002
Ohhhh trust me, I've been itching for a set but they're just way too expensive for me. It'd cost me close to $2,000 for the set + tires. I'd rather pick up a used set off of Craigslist, either Saleen or the OEM Cobra's.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Thanks man - I'm in the Bronx.

Ohhhh trust me, I've been itching for a set but they're just way too expensive for me. It'd cost me close to $2,000 for the set + tires. I'd rather pick up a used set off of Craigslist, either Saleen or the OEM Cobra's.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
You can get them way cheaper than 2k. Here is a set of staggered saleens with tires and its like $1300 i think.
Staggered Chrome Saleen Style Wheel & Sumitomo Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (99-04) - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
DSG FTW.

·
Give him a sedagive!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
try to find a mom and pops style muffler shop, that will be the cheapest way
A few friends of mine can weld, I may have them just put it in for me. Also, the stock exhaust diameter on a gt is 2.5 inches correct? I'm not sure if I need a reducer to fit LM1 resonators in place of the mufflers or if they are a direct fit.

Welcome to the family of Mustang owners! If you're anything like me that speed bug is going to get to you real quick! lol
Haha thanks man! Yeah, I try not to speed but it's quite difficult when you've got a coupe with a V8.

You can get them way cheaper than 2k. Here is a set of staggered saleens with tires and its like $1300 i think.
Staggered Chrome Saleen Style Wheel & Sumitomo Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (99-04) - Free Shipping!
Yes the saleens I've found used for $500 with tires. However, the 18" AFS Cobras with tires would run me close to or over $2,000, which are the wheels I was referring too; but damn they look so good.

·
Registered
307 Posts
welcome dude! I'm new As well I just recently bought an 06 Mustang GT back in september. i love mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts