Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking the forums for a bit decided to join today:) I have a 1992 Calypso green 5.0 coupe and a white 91 LX 2.3 hatch. I found this little hatch sitting on a guys lawn under a pine tree. He had left it for dead after changing a bunch of parts. He thought the trans was going out. I picked it up for $500 as a nice parts car. After I limped it to my store I quickly figured out the ignition module was burnt. $40 later I got a new daily driver hahaha.

A couple of days ago I stole the rims from my coupe because I'm not taking it out for another month and slapped them on. Wow, what a difference. I think next step is shooting some fresh black paint on the mouldings and maybe a couple of small touch ups on the rust. I love cruising this thing. Looks good with great mileage:D

One question if someone might know. On decel there's a clunk from the rear end. It doesn't do it in neutral or when I have it in 1 or 2. Could it be u joints or is the diff fubared? I know the left control arm bushings are pretty shot (changing those soon) but I don't think its that.

Pics in next post

·
Registered
11 Posts
George, Jack up the rear of the 'tang ( jack stands under the axle ) so that both wheels are off the ground, put it in neutral. Get under your baby and grab hold of the drive shaft.
Rock it back and forth and up and down, look and listen..........could be u-joints or pinion.
BTW SOME play is to be expected. A manual would help here.
Congratulations on your find!!!!!
TJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts