Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you might remember me...i had a sn95 and i moved on to my Srt4... well im sick of front wheel drive.. dont get me wrong the srt will beat most of the non pi cars but... i miss my mustang :yes so im looking to get into one again...

I was wondering if there were any new issues that id be unaware of since ive been out the 'stang game for a lil while

When buying is what should i look for etc.

And when trading in my srt which is work like 12K right now (kbb) ive noticed the gts are going for like 9k at dealers with like 50k miles or so... how would that work if i traded in on it? can they do that even?

Thanks for anyhelp... and yes it will prolly be a 99 up GT unless i can find a good deal on a 99 or 01 cobra...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
There is a big shiny thing that you NEED to be sure the car has! It looks really shiny and will have an extra pulley. It may have procharger, kenne bell, vortech, etc. It will be blowing alot of air. May whistle or whine really loud. That is a must. Be sure it has one of these units. If not, then the car is missing something.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ cant do it... this is my daily and i want all the new stuff lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I have to disagree with baker on this one, I would never even go to look at a modified car, let alone buy one, shure you save the up front cost, but you'll never get the truth about the condition. same goes for salvage title's/reconstructed title's, there's PLENTY of good, clean, low milage, cars out there, why take a chance? as to the cost diffrence between your car & the potential new car, if you own the neon outright, then you may find someone to swap you straight up, if you owe money on the neon, good luck 'cause these car's (ie. 99-04's) are too old to get financing on period in most cases & shurely too old to absorb extra money from a upside-down trade. in that case you might be better off looking at a newer car (ie. 05 & up mustang). good luck in any case.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the problem with the 05 up is well... im trying to get out of such a high payment... im sick of living at home and iwth the damn neon i cant afford to move out...lol and with my bank i can get financing on a car no older than 7 years so an 02 03 04 gt could work with htat

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Go on autotrader, look around for some stangs, see what you can afford, and go from there

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go on autotrader, look around for some stangs, see what you can afford, and go from there
already did that bud... this is me trying to get info on what to do after the go to autotrader part of that lol

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the problem with the 05 up is well... im trying to get out of such a high payment... im sick of living at home and iwth the damn neon i cant afford to move out...lol
well I guess that answers the question about the neon being financed. best thing at this point is to find a dealer to work with you to try & sort this out. good luck.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Well did you find anything you liked?? How much do you wanna pay really?

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
There really isnt any new issues to be worried about. The issues are how hard has it been driven? Any damage? How many miles? Service records.... etc. Basic stuff.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On autotrader there were cars going for just under 10k and the monthly payment is 187...i know bad idea to pay that little...and i wouldnt id pay more than that but just having it be that low just in case would be awesome. There were plenty of stangs that i liked its just the problem i do owe on the damn neon. so idk how a dealer would react to this since its worth more than the car that id rather be driving off their lot lol

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Well you might have to sell it privately because you can usually get more from that, then buy the car with that cash. Or wait to pay off more on the neon

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you might have to sell it privately because you can usually get more from that, then buy the car with that cash. Or wait to pay off more on the neon
yea this is pretty much what its looking like..i just wanted to see if there was something i didnt know... i tihnk i might start parting out and use that money to pay it down and sell it and start over again.... And i konw i wouldnt buy a car with a crap ton of mods... i wont buy a stang without the exhuast being already done tho... i hate working on exhauts lol

·
Registered
979 Posts
When I was married, we went in to get a used 02 BMW, and traded in for it. We were upside down on the trade car by about 2 or 3k. The dealer just added the left over amount to the new car we were buying and it all got rolled into on auto loan. Ex: instead of the car costing 26k it cost 28k... You could maybe do something like that cause bottom line, the dealership wants to sell their cars of the lot and keep inventory moving.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i was just joking around with what i said. LOL. if the price was right, you cant go wrong with one that is already modded. Say the motor goes out.... put a motor in it. Your still up because you have all the mods still.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea... well the stang at the dealer is 95XX its an 02 GT with 51XXX miles bone stock with magnaflow exhaust im pretty sure. I wont get rid of the neon for less then 11500 and i owe 14600 thats 3k roughly so the car mustang would be 12600? which would actually still help me.. so imight see what i can do

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
^I suggest to get a GT locally, dealearship will still charge you taxes, etc, I keep watching nice, clean 03-04 GT's with 50~55k miles for $8,500... Try craiglist you will be surprised how low some mustangs are, I've been checking it all this month...

If I were you I will go for a 01 and up usually 99-00 have a lot of millage, paint is bad and to me look old (most that I've seen)... Someone is selling a 02 with 66k miles for 6,200 on craiglist...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
my 2000 mustang doesnt look old. Does have the miles that you speak of though. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts