Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn so a new 3v will cost you around 6,800bucks the only reason why im looking into a new engine is cause my 2000gt already has 95k miles on it and around july im planning on puttin a kenne bell on it to make like 500hp of course imma have to build my engine bottom end b4 i do, but im afraid that down the line my block may be to stress out and fail on me one day cuz of the forced induction, so im thinkin the money imma use to buy the kennebell to get a 3v that way i have 0 mileage. what you guys think?

·
Registered
444 Posts
IMO you should go with a 4V setup since the heads flow way more than a 3V
4V dose flow a little better than the 3V but I wouldnt call it "way more". The 3V has proven to be able to make as much N/A power as the 4V... and what makes the 3V swap a better choice for a car that started out as a 2V is the fact that the engine harness dose not need to be modified and the swap can be done cheaper than the 4V swap.

·
Registered
468 Posts
4v is trump...but the 3v heads flow almost as good as the 4v and unless your going for ridiculous power the 3v's will be more than sufficient, hell the stock 2v heads will support 600hp. Plus the 3v will be much easier to swap as you can use the stock computer and get adapters for the 2v exhaust manifolds and still having only one cam will save a bundle right there

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Damn so a new 3v will cost you around 6,800bucks the only reason why im looking into a new engine is cause my 2000gt already has 95k miles on it and around july im planning on puttin a kenne bell on it to make like 500hp of course imma have to build my engine bottom end b4 i do, but im afraid that down the line my block may be to stress out and fail on me one day cuz of the forced induction, so im thinkin the money imma use to buy the kennebell to get a 3v that way i have 0 mileage. what you guys think?
I'm running a supercharger on a 2000 GT with 94k miles with no problem. Buying a new motor (whether 2v, 3v, or 4v) with cast rods and pistons will not get you to the 500 rwhp mark.

·
Registered
600 Posts
do your homework before going to karkraft.com, they pretty much know nothing. asking them questions is useless. if you have the time for the engine to be out of the car just build the bottom end of your motor or buy a new bare block for 300 and put a forged rotating assembly in it. a new stock engine wont handle any more hp than yours without a new rotating assembly

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you doing the 3V swap? looks like we may need you to do a write up and post it as a sticky!
well im not personally but its getting done on my car by Psi motorsports in webster tx i will post on any info I can he thinks it will be a pretty easy swap may have to lower engine 1/2" to clear hood or add a cowl hood but anyhow ill post all info later engine suppose to be here friday frieght company picking it up in the morning. so hopefully can get started on car next week they are going to port heads and put cams in it and few boltons he expects around 380-390rwp when I get it back we will see.

·
Registered
444 Posts
well im not personally but its getting done on my car by Psi motorsports in webster tx i will post on any info I can he thinks it will be a pretty easy swap may have to lower engine 1/2" to clear hood or add a cowl hood but anyhow ill post all info later engine suppose to be here friday frieght company picking it up in the morning. so hopefully can get started on car next week they are going to port heads and put cams in it and few boltons he expects around 380-390rwp when I get it back we will see.
Sounds great! im looking to do the same swap in my 02 GT sometime this spring or summer with a stroker rotating assembly, 9.1:1 compression, stage 3 ported heads, stage 3 N/A cams and stay N/A till I can afford boost:cool:

I definatly look forward to seeing your progress on this build.

·
Registered
461 Posts
3v>4v imo. They basically flow the same, and are much less complicated, much better for a reliability... just from a number of moving parts analysis, but inorder to work right you need that variable computer stuff to work and throttle by wire. So as much I would LOVE to run a 3v. I dont know anybody that has done the swap into a 99-04, if you know how, educate me PLEASE.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sounds great! im looking to do the same swap in my 02 GT sometime this spring or summer with a stroker rotating assembly, 9.1:1 compression, stage 3 ported heads, stage 3 N/A cams and stay N/A till I can afford boost:cool:

I definatly look forward to seeing your progress on this build.
Yea man ill keep you updated and let you know the dyno numbers he estimated it would be no longer than 4 weeks but you know how that goes :confused:

·
Registered
444 Posts
3v>4v imo. They basically flow the same, and are much less complicated, much better for a reliability... just from a number of moving parts analysis, but inorder to work right you need that variable computer stuff to work and throttle by wire. So as much I would LOVE to run a 3v. I dont know anybody that has done the swap into a 99-04, if you know how, educate me PLEASE.
Logan motorsports has a kit to adapt the 2V's exhaust manifolds to the 3V heads as well as the fuel pressure sensor and the 03/04 cobra throttle body, also BBR has adjustable cam gears to disable the VVT and so dose Livernois motorsports which is simpler and cost much less...

Here are some links to products that will make this swap possible.

New - Livernois Motorsports - Browsing Store

Blowbyracing.com - blow by racing Resources and Information.

Logan motorsports website seems to have been suspended:mad:

Heres a thread on someone who did the 2v to 3v swap with pics! 2v to 3v - BMC Forums - Black Mustang Club

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I think the 3v just looks better sitting in that engine bay than the 2- or 4v... just personal taste :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm Ok but instead of spending all that money on a 3v do you guys think its ok for me to put a blower on my 2000 gt the reason im stressin this is because it has 96,000 miles on it and i drive this **** alot lol by the end of the yr ill easily be close to 115,000 probably so with a blower on it could my engine really handle all that cause of the high mileage even with a forged bottom end?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts