Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done driving mystang after the install of this exhaust, is it just wishful thinking or did I gain some HP?? It also seemed to sound different??
It had been a while since I drove it because the converter on the drivers side fell apart.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
you deffinatley will gain hp from high flow cats, dont know how much but.

I know a lot of stang guys, on this site expecially dont like the xpipe sound, they dont want to admit the power gains becuase they like the sound of the h pipe.

I have put over a million miles driveing, actual miles, proffesionally and for fun. I felt almost as much power from the xpipe as i did the under drive pulleys. I say 5 from the xpipe, all the way through the power band and then add whatever the highflow cats would add. I dont know that becuase i didnt have that mod done by itself.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I started with 240 rwhp and now look at my signature!
I have drove some new 2008 Mustangs and they are slower!
The headers and cats and Xpipe is also good in the future mods!

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I had and x pipe with high flow cats and axle back installed at the same time and I definetly felt a difference.

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK, just to clarify: X pipe makes better power but H pipe sounds better?

Right?:dunno

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's right, though the sound is a subjective thing. H-pipe sounds a little deeper and less raspy than the X. I know we all want to squeeze every once of power we can out of our mods, without effecting reliability, but really a 5 +/- hp difference isn't going to make that much difference unless you're going to be racing. Go for whatever makes the sound you like, you'll notice that all the time as opposed to the 5 hp, which under normal daily driving conditions won't be that noticeable.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
OK, just to clarify: X pipe makes better power but H pipe sounds better?

Right?:dunno
well its a matter of opinion on what sounds better. Its just that a lot of people dont like the xpipe sound, it can be very raspy depending on the rest of your setup. xpipe sounds more like a race car to me,or like the european exotics. h pipe will be more like old school muscle. xpipe is more efficient it flows better. xpipe is also louder. simply, everyone likes the sound of the hpipe including me, not everybody likes the sound of the x pipe. but i think its pure sex when hit the gas.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
xpipe and borla or magnapacks....ooooohhhhhhhhhhhh lawdy

·
Registered
194 Posts
raspy?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts