Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 mach 1 i put 40 series flows on it but its just not very loud lol we have to have cats though so will hi-flow cats make it louder

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes they will, but it will still not be as loud as the offroad pipes.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
oh yea bro. nothing compares to the O/R x pipe, besides maybe open headers i suppose.(as far as sound goes)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Or put some SLP LMS on there. Deff need on o/r mid pipe tho..dont mess with that high flow cat crap.

·
Banned
169 Posts
i have a 04 mach 1 i put 40 series flows on it but its just not very loud lol we have to have cats though so will hi-flow cats make it louder
buddy of mine back in KC had an SLP LM2 system on his 03 Mach 1, and it was pretty aggressive sounding, and of moderate volume, but it wasnt too loud or obnoxious.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Really? i would of thought the 4v would have had a louder and obnoxious sound. just wasnt sure though. i have the 2v and its loud and obnoxious. almost like nascar loud.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
what do yall do for emmissions testing? just replace the o/r midpipe with a catted midpipe once a year?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if you get a tuner it takes care of the CEL. so when you get it inspected and they hook it up it doesnt throw any codes. and BAMM!!! you pass inspection. it'll cost you a tuner though but its DEF worth it anyways.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
or at least thats how we do it in TX.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
some people are much harder on emissions then we are here.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
if you get a tuner it takes care of the CEL. so when you get it inspected and they hook it up it doesnt throw any codes. and BAMM!!! you pass inspection. it'll cost you a tuner though but its DEF worth it anyways.
damn, too bad that doesn't work on pushrods

1 - 16 of 16 Posts