Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here and am looking into getting a mustang as my next car. i really want the 4.6 i have a panther that has the same engine i think and i like how they are easy to work on.

how much more are the 4.6 mustangs than the V6 version? im looking into the 99-04 year with the PI 4.6. im not looking for a race car but a street car that is quick, all im really planning on doing is bolt on mods. what can i get in the $5,000 range?

also are the 4.6 PIs better/faster that the V6 version? how much better/faster?

also the classifieds vehicle search doesnt work?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
im new here and am looking into getting a mustang as my next car. i really want the 4.6 i have a panther that has the same engine i think and i like how they are easy to work on.

how much more are the 4.6 mustangs than the V6 version? im looking into the 99-04 year with the PI 4.6. im not looking for a race car but a street car that is quick, all im really planning on doing is bolt on mods. what can i get in the $5,000 range?

also are the 4.6 PIs better/faster that the V6 version? how much better/faster?

also the classifieds vehicle search doesnt work?
You can get V6s for $2500 - $5000. 99-2002 GT probably $3500-$5500. 2003/2004 are still porking around $6-$7k here.

Welcome to the Forum =) Yay for NewEdge!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's new edge? What things should I look out for? In my price Range its most likely going to have to be around 100k on the clock. What should I avoid in that price range? Any. Common problems/recalls?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Why new edge?
Was a new more angular body style. It's also called a Generation 4. early 99 and before were SN95 body styles. I personally like it better (NewEdge). Stands out more. More modular.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Was a new more angular body style. It's also called a Generation 4. early 99 and before were SN95 body styles. I personally like it better (NewEdge). Stands out more. More modular.
I'm not really a fan of SN-95's either.

:welcome

The classifieds don't work for you because you need a certain number of posts to make threads there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant the search feature where you put in your area code. I need a certain number of posts to use that also?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to MM!!
Good choice going with a 99-04 Mustang!! my favorite also....:D
Bolt on Mods? are you talking once you get the car that your looking to spend 5k on mods?? if so.......Blow that thing!! if your not looking to supercharge it though, there are alot of options open to you and that is your preference. gears/exhaust/intake/headers/ etc....the list can go on and on. its up to you though.
good luck with the hunt and we will be glad to help you along the way with some good info. hit us up with the pix when you buy and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well all i want is bolt on mods because i want to do all the work myself one at a time. what i was trying to say was in the aspect of only doing bolt on mods would i be better off with a v6 or v8?

no i was not planning on getting the car and then dropping 5k on mods. it will be a little at a time. im tryig to find a good one close to me but i guess i cant use the search function in the classifieds.

·
2009 ROTY
5,646 Posts
you would be far better off with a v-8 honestly. if you had the money i would really look for a 99-01 cobra, or 03-04 mach. those came with the dohc 32v v-8. they respond a little better to mods as far as horsepower is concerned.

·
Registered
978 Posts
you would be far better off with a v-8 honestly. if you had the money i would really look for a 99-01 cobra, or 03-04 mach. those came with the dohc 32v v-8. they respond a little better to mods as far as horsepower is concerned.
this is so true!! wish i would have gotten a cobra to begin with.....:( one day though!! one day she will be mine!!! mwaahaaahaaa!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts