Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone :)

User name Wataru, real name Brett. Im a relative new Mustang owner.

I went out in May 2009 looking to trade my 2002 Kia Sportage IL4 (which I owned for 3 years and only put 20k on) for either a 2000-2003 Ranger, S10 or F-150. After getting screwed on bait 'n switch F-150s on CraigsList, I happened upon a pewter 2001 GT V8 4.6L with 117k when I was looking at an S10 and Ranger on the lot. I drove it and said WTF Ive always wanted one and I can afford one so Im getting this. I nagged the salesman to $7000 total, $200 a month (bit high now that I reflect) but I wanted it to be inspected at my mechanic, which was set for 1p the following Monday.

While waiting til 1p, I went on Cars.com and found a 2000 Coupe V6 3.8L Laser Red with 67k on it for $6995 at the local dealer (not a buy here pay here like the pewer 'Stang). I went down at 10a and drove away with it at 11:15. It was 100% stock.

Now 5 months later, Ive gone about 3025 miles (I dont drive alot) and got a Mach 1 stripe and hood pins. On the bucket list is a K&N CAI, black out back panel, Cobra headlights, smoked tail lights, chin spoiler and Montego black 15'' racing rims (I had 16'' ones of my PT Cruiser before I sold it, which I got used for $300). ...and I need floormats. It didnt have floormats.

I am the second owner of this Mustang. It was born on 7/2000 and shipped to Osteen, FL (yes I said born on 7/2000...so its a 2000 1/2) were it was owned by 1 gentleman who moved to Longwood, FL then back to Osteen. He traded it in in Maitland, then I bought it and live in Mustang. Osteen to Maitland is 20 miles. Maitland to me is 7. So it's never left it's childhood neighborhood.

Off-top stuff...
I love Russian Imperial History, the TV show Bones, work at Sears, build custom lightsabers (shutup) and read comic books. Im 29 (30 in December) own my own home, 2 cars, dont smoke and drink Jack Daniels :D

EDIT:
...hey how do I get one of those snazzy sig images?

·
Registered
923 Posts
so you coulda had a v8 for only $5 more?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you coulda had a v8 for only $5 more?
Oops I forgot to mention that. The GT was $7000 cash, $7995 payments. Since I was going for payments it wouldve been $8k.

The Coupe was $5000.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
what was wron with the gt?

pics?
Forgive me, I dont have many yet, no digital camera. Have a cam on my cell.

Before:

After:

EDIT:
The GT. Im not sure mechanically what was wrong, as I didnt get it inspected, but the interior was pretty rough, was owned by a college kid who I *think* rode it hard, and the Mach 4 radio was on its last leg.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So your saying your a bitch. I daily my gt with 4.10's, I dont wanna hear it.
Acutally, no Im saying I prefered the Coupe I test drove over the GT I test drove and thought for the mileage, price and condition of both, the Coupe was the better deal.

You, on the other hand, are apparently a "My cock is bigger then yours" kinda guy, which means its not. :p

...btw, youre approval is not need, required or asked for. So next time you feel like putting your stamp of approval on something, take the rubber stamper and shove it up your ass sideways and twist, douche bag.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
maverick, if you don't have something to say besides negative bs, keep your negative crap to yourself. Way to welcome a new member to our forum.

Welcome to MM, Wataru, and congratulations on your new toy. :)

·
Banned
267 Posts
Nothing but love lol. When I went looking for a car I went looking for something with a v8, not settling on something just so I could say I had a mustang. I guess some people have different priorities.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Nothing but love lol. When I went looking for a car I went looking for something with a v8, not settling on something just so I could say I had a mustang. I guess some people have different priorities.
Whatever. Why does it upset you so much about what he chooses to buy?

It's his money, not yours, and everyone has different priorities, finances, and likes.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
So your saying your a bitch. I daily my gt with 4.10's, I dont wanna hear it.
Negged
Whatever. Why does it upset you so much about what he chooses to buy?

It's his money, not yours, and everyone has different priorities, finances, and likes.
Couldn't have said it better.

Welcome to the forums man, love it. Don't let displacement hold you back. Plenty of 500hp 6ers out there that beg to differ.....Just takes more work lol.

Reactions: white03v6
1 - 20 of 53 Posts