Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing several others with this mod at the track last week I decided to install a manual switch for the hi speed cooling fan, to help cool the motor down between runs, it is also handy for cooling between dyno runs.

I mounted a lighted rocker switch in my front cup holder next to my line lock controls. A ver simple wotrhwhile modification for those who drag race. It only took about an hour or so to do. All you need is a switch, about 12' of 16 or 18 ga wire, an inline fuse holder, and a few wire connectors, I got all of it at Radio Shack.

Here's a link to the FORD service manual fan wiring diagram PDF...

http://fiveguysracing.com/SERVICE_MANUAL/4-Electrical/Wiring Diagrams/Cooling Fan.pdf

So I did this simple mod to it...

It looks like this in my car...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looks good. Did you make your cup houlder mount?
Yes I made the aluminum mounting plate but not the trim ring. I originally made one for the line lock controls, but had to make another one when I added this switch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice so does it still have its normal operations just you can turn it on high when the car isnt on ?
Yes the fan works as it normally does and I keep the switch off on the street, but if I need to ativate the fan at the track or Dyno shop, I just hit the button and the ingnition key does not need to be on.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
next put an electric water pump on also so you can run that at the same time after a run to cool down all the coolant instead of whats just in the radiator

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
next put an electric water pump on also so you can run that at the same time after a run to cool down all the coolant instead of whats just in the radiator
Yes I have a meziere WP on the car too... it all helps. :D

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
well there you go, those are my future plans once i get more stuff down before dropping 350 on an elec wp. beats having to pack a high velocity fan to go to the track. My fans are already hooked up to a switch but kinda pointless without the wp

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well there you go, those are my future plans once i get more stuff down before dropping 350 on an elec wp. beats having to pack a high velocity fan to go to the track. My fans are already hooked up to a switch but kinda pointless without the wp
Not entirely pointless, some of my friends say they get a 50-75 degree drop in 15-20 minutes with just the fan switch.

·
Registered
818 Posts
nice work. thanks for sharing the info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts