Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking this would be my next step on my gt. How do you guys think this combanation would work on a stock internal block?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
IM not sure if you can use any cam but trick flow with their heads since they moved some of the valves around. some one else will chim in

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I stand corrected. thanks Mike, I thought thats what i heard somewhere

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my main thing is that i wana be able to beat my friends blackjack on the 1/4 mile track. The only thing is i wana keep stock internals and keep my budget not to high. a few set up that i wanted was a procharger with bolt on and stg 2 cams but not sure which one would be best

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
^i never said that they would be best with the tfs heads. but there are cams out there that will do well with them. hitechs will be ok, but i would look into a set of afm's, crower, or maybe a set of comps.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
keep stock heads get some blower cams and a blower and you will be good...you say you dont want to keep your budget high... 2500 for the heads,600 for the cams,3500+ for the procharger,plus the install,gaskets,fuel, and tune... when you can just stay stock heads with blower cams and boost it about 10-12 lbs and be makeing close to 500 to the wheels.... and you just saved 3 grand...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mmr ports them at a good price I think

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
from the gains I think think HP 292 do well...maybe better than 270's. Idk wish there was a chart to see.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts