Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST RECENTLY INSTALLED A PAIR OF HI-TECH STAGE 2 CAMS IN MY 2000 GT:D...CAR SOUNDS AMAZING:eek:....HAVENT GOT A TUNE YET BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION....WHEN IM COMING TO A COMPLETE STOP THE RPM'S DROP AND SOMETIMES THE CAR DIES:sorry....I HAVE TO KEEP THE CAR REV'D JUST A LITTLE SO IT WONT DIE.....I KNOW I NEED A TUNE BUT COULD THERE BE ANOTHER WAY TO FIX IT....ANYBODY WITH THESE CAMS PLEASE HELP.....THANKS;)

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
do it right and get it dyno tuned. Theres really no way around your idle problem without having it tuned

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
mines tuned and still does it occasionally...although i think its just the throttle body...think i need to adjust the idle screw

doesn't do it all the time...only every once in a while like maybe once a day or every few days. don't really bother me. as soon as i rev it once it will hold idle.

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, About The Dyno Tune, I Just Installed Them This Friday And Was Just Wondering Why It Was Doing It....but The Dyno Tune Is Coming Next With Gears And Nitrous...i Know I Need The Tune But Just Want To Get An Idea If Other Stangs Are Having The Same Problem....and About The Sound Clip Give Me Some Time And I Will Post A New Thread With It, Or Maybe On This One....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yea, About The Dyno Tune, I Just Installed Them This Friday And Was Just Wondering Why It Was Doing It....but The Dyno Tune Is Coming Next With Gears And Nitrous...i Know I Need The Tune But Just Want To Get An Idea If Other Stangs Are Having The Same Problem....and About The Sound Clip Give Me Some Time And I Will Post A New Thread With It, Or Maybe On This One....
There are much better cams to use with spray

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are much better cams to use with spray

i know there is but the cams are in already so too bad....i just want to try out the cams and see how they perform....everybody has their opinions....spray wasnt in my future until a buddy of mine told me he was selling his zex kit after i had already installed the cams so o well.

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im in merced county...south of modesto, north of fresno...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts