Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i recently aquired some hi tech stage 2s for a good price. (no i didnt just buy them cause of everyones hype)

upon purchase i was under the impression it would work fine with my p.i swap (heads, cams, intake) but after some more reasearch lately im seeing people are having PTV issues with these cams. i plan on using trickflows cam install kit, and getting adjustable cams gears so i do the install right ONCE and not have to go back.
I plan on having them degree'd properly as well regardless of what hi tech seems to say about them.

anyone here have PTV issues on a pi swap with these? what was your solution?

yes yes i know people will say go MHS, but i got a great deal on these and i woulda spent alot more going with mhs

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
they should be fine...degree them so your ok

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im confused scott, what was that link for? i already have the cams. and i know that they claim no ptv on the website

EDIT: didnt notice your first post... thanks brother! anyone else had experience or know about these cams?

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
wasup man. ive got them on my car and i love them. still need to get the car tuned though. it runs fine without tune but definately be on the safe side and get tuned. so you have a pi swap on your car??

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
They will clear if degreed in properly. The last guy that bought a set and installed them straight up had PTV clearance on the passenger's side. After checking them with the degree wheel, the factory cam sprocket was almost 7 degrees off, and was causing it.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
There should be a paper in one of the boxes with the exact degrees on them so you dont run into PTV issues. I'm pretty sure I put it back in the one box.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah only reason im asking is due to the piston difference since my bottom end is npi..

and yeah 2v thanks again, you did include them in there just coming on here to see if anyone else has experience. you rock! pretty fast shipping too.

EDIT: also what can you guys reccomend as far as cam gears for theese things? or would i be fine with stock hardware. i wanted to buy everything first just so my mech can do these the right way once and for all

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
yeah only reason im asking is due to the piston difference since my bottom end is npi..

and yeah 2v thanks again, you did include them in there just coming on here to see if anyone else has experience. you rock! pretty fast shipping too.

EDIT: also what can you guys reccomend as far as cam gears for theese things? or would i be fine with stock hardware. i wanted to buy everything first just so my mech can do these the right way once and for all
NPI bottom end isn't going to matter. The tight clearance area is on the outer edge of the piston above the ring lands where there is no dish anyways. Definitely degree them and you will be happy. If you can, notch your pistons so you can advance the ICL a little bit. Then you can take advantage of the longer duration and still make good power/torque down in the midrange

1 - 12 of 12 Posts