Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at getting HID conversion kits for the headlights and fog lights. On ebay I could order both kits for a little over $100. I was wondering if any of you have done something similar to this or if anyone has any tips that would help me before i make a purchase. Thanks, in advance!

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
So I am looking at getting HID conversion kits for the headlights and fog lights. On ebay I could order both kits for a little over $100. I was wondering if any of you have done something similar to this or if anyone has any tips that would help me before i make a purchase. Thanks, in advance!
check DDMtuning.com

if they have your bulbs in a raptor kit then that's the ticket

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have hi/lo hid headlights and hid fog lights. I got both the conversion kits from ebay from the same seller. I also got hid fogs for my 02 gt from the seller. everything he has sent me has worked great, besides with my fogs for my current car. He sent me the wrong bulb twice, but he did correct the issue, which most of those sketchy sellers on there will just ignore you. pm me if you want me to send you the seller name, i would recommend him, great customer service and the hid's are pretty damn bright haha. if i believe correctly, the hid fog kit was $35 shipped, and the dual beam headlight kit was about $70 shipped

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
DDMTuning is garbage. They only carry four temperatures and lie that they carry the spectrum.

I'd recommend VVME.com for the HIDs. Go with the digital slim 35w ballasts.

Headlights...

Wholesale HID Conversion Kit Car Lights HID Xenon Car Headlights Bulbs Ballasts Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit

Foglights...

Wholesale HID Conversion Kit Car Lights HID Xenon Car Headlights Bulbs Ballasts Single Beam HID Conversion Kit
as i've said before i've never had any trouble with DDM but have had trouble with a VVME kit...along with some Ebay kit...DDM has seen me through 3 mustangs now and i don't think i could deal with another company. Different strokes for different fokes i guess

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks guys i really appreciate the input I'll be checking out all the options!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
as i've said before i've never had any trouble with DDM but have had trouble with a VVME kit...along with some Ebay kit...DDM has seen me through 3 mustangs now and i don't think i could deal with another company. Different strokes for different fokes i guess
What happened with your VVME kit? It happens but that's what you get when dealing with these crappy Chinese companies. I've ordered a ton of them and never had an issue. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know.

I just know I wouldn't deal with a company that lies in their marketing. If they lie in their marketing don't ever think you're going to get some honest customer service from them.

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
There is a vendor from my titan forum that has whatever you need. HIDs, LEDs any color and for dirt cheap. He has been selling these on the forum for years and there is not even one bad report about him in all th years he has been doing it. Great customer service, warranty, and quick shipping. Cheap prices also. All of my past vehicles have had HIDs and LEDs from him and so will my Mustang with in the month. He also supplied my entire shop with HIDs and no problems at all. Let me know if you want his info. I think its $60 for the hi/lows and $55 for fogs. All includes slim ballasts and wiring harness.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
What happened with your VVME kit? It happens but that's what you get when dealing with these crappy Chinese companies. I've ordered a ton of them and never had an issue. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know.

I just know I wouldn't deal with a company that lies in their marketing. If they lie in their marketing don't ever think you're going to get some honest customer service from them.
i honestly don't care if they've lied in their marketing...their products are solid and their customer service is great (at least in my own experience)...as for my VVME kit....ballast blew out and VVME wouldn't cover **** trying to tell me that it must of been my own fault which would void a replacement??? so i bought a DDM kit and never looked back :yes

again this is just personal experiences....i'm sure w/e the OP goes with he'll be content

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I digress. If you ordered one of the temperature ranges that they don't have, but claim they do, than the product isn't that solid. Considering you're not getting what you ordered. If you are ordering the temperature range that you actually get than they probably are no different than VVME. In the end they are both cheap shitty Chinese HIDs that have a high failure rate no matter which way you slice it. :lol

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
lol I agree with nasty. DDM has screwed lots of people on the other forums Im on. Thats why we use the guy I talked about earlier. Im in no way affiliated with him but he has done so well with the Titan community and supplied my squadron with so many kits that I mention him everywhere I here HIDs or LEDs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts