Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you guys have used them and my HID from MMR took a crap. To buy a new ballest cost $50 dollars... for that price i might as well buy a new kit that actually has high and low beams.. Anyways have any of you guys used the "SLIM" verson. There is one for $44.99 and there is another one for $62.00. Should i just stay the $44.99?

http://www.vvme.com/hilow-one-beam-i...-44_53_50.html

If not VVME, because i have heard alot of bad along with the good, what did you guys use? Another other brand that sells high and lows?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
VVME is the **** i have never NEVER had any problems with it
and i got the 44.99 with shippin with 25.99 i got the 10k ones i have
been happy

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hey are your 10k's blue? And man get the bi xennon there hi low and both are hid..the one your looking at is xennon low and halogen high... Up to you..but I bought the bi xennon..and like them a lot... But I think my 10k's are mislabled cause they look like 6k's are 8k's...

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im actually going with DDM HID kit. They have great review, lifetime warrenty, and they are in cali not in china...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hey those chinese ****ers are pretty smart lol... But like I previousley said..totally up to you bro... I just got mine cause they were cheap and my wanna be blue xennon regular bulbs ...my high burnt out..so $40 on wanna be's...or $68+shipping for the real deal..and mine don't buzz too bad..just when you first turn them on..my mom's stock rx8 hid's buzz when turned on at first too... How much are the DDM's?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I haven't bought my fog's yet but I'm just gonna buy vvme again since that's what's in my headlight's...buuut... Unless I get the saleen bumper..then ill just be fogless...lol

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing wrong with them being chinese, just shipping costs way too much. The amout for vvme plus shipping costs almost the same as getting 55w 8000k dual beam with life time warrenty. I just bought them for $105. I'll do a write up when I get them. I'm tinting the head lights and the tail lights tomorrow so I'm also going to so a write up for that. I was thinking about doing the fog lights but I'm going to get an 99/01 cobra bumper and am going to change the fogs then.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yea I'm on a toss up of the 99/01...or saleen...or just leave it GT...only thing that sucks bout the cobra is they're hard to come by and expensive...trueblue got a real good deal on his... And I got mine here for like 80 something...shipping and all...like 18 for shipping ...wasn't that bad..considering it's coming from across the ocean lmao...I just needed a set of lights baaaad...I don't regret it yet though... Just glad my vision at nights like waaaayyyyy better... Man... Now you got me thinking bout it...I'm going spoilerless... So I don't know if the cobra will look right...if I get the saleen kit I'm getting that really sweet looking spoiler that looks like it comes off the back versus up off the trunk...

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know where you can get a 99/01 one new for like $250..

Not bad but i need it to arrive monday. I need a head light because i do drive at night, a lot.

What did i do to make you go spoilerless? lol. I want to match my bumper with a 4 inch cowl, saleen side skirts, rear: dont know yet, this is whats keeping me from doing exterior, and 3 peice saleen spoiler kit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Na I'm already spoilerless... And no ****? Where? $250 sounds good to me...the one I was looking at was 450...and if I go saleen the 3piece is the way I'm going...just hope the black bullitt rim's look right with the cobra or saleen bumper

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
i bought my hids from xenoneyes.com before they went to wholesaling....but i know a place out of minneapolis mn that sells kits for bout 80$$ which isnt bad...i get the 10k and there pure blue....place out of mn is hidxenonheadlights.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts