Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife bought an 04 GT and the lights are just ridiculously bright, i mean i get flashed constantly with my dims on, is there anyway to tell if these are HID bulbs or something

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
pop the hood and follow the wires coming from the headlights, if you do have hid's they will lead to a box thing that will then plug into the stock headlight harness

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:withhomo

·
Registered
193 Posts
pop the hood and follow the wires coming from the headlights, if you do have hid's they will lead to a box thing that will then plug into the stock headlight harness
true....its like a small chrome/silver box. well at least thats what mine is

·
Registered
990 Posts
or you can look and see if you have an extra passenger wiring harness plug just hanging. at least thats how mine is

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
You can pull the bulb out and look at it. A halogen bulb (normal bulb) will have at least 1 filament in it (small coil of wire that looks like a spring). If it's a HID bulb there won't be a filament and will be long and thin.

Since you have high/low beams you can look at the bulb and see if it has a solenoid. If it does, then it's HIDs. If it doesn't then it's halogen.

·
Registered
201 Posts
honestly, you getting flashed with your dims or low beam on, the hell with that other person, you have the better lights....and i got flashed alot and mainly by trucks, i found it freakin funny....but no, if you have a prob with ppl flashin ya to much, just gotta re adjust your headlights...i know it says you bought the car with em, but having hids, if the headlights havent been adjusted yet, its very well suggested if needed of course..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts