Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights on my Mustang are awful, I am running the stock lights and there is little to no difference between low and high beams and the visibility is bad. I was looking at getting some HID lights from this site (Mustang 9007 Bixenon HID Kit from StangMods 94-04) and putting them in my stock headlights. Would this be a good idea, or should I get some projector headlights?

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you do a search on this topic you'll find more threads than you want to see regarding HIDs in the stock housings, but just to give you a basic rundown...

There are a few options regarding HIDs. You can buy the projector headlights, which are ugly IMO. You can retrofit your current housings, which is the best option but also the most expensive. Or you could put HIDs in your current housings which some people will argue against because they could potentially blind other drivers. The choice is really up to you.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I think projector is better to aim the light. Stock housings spread out the light.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you do a search on this topic you'll find more threads than you want to see regarding HIDs in the stock housings, but just to give you a basic rundown...

There are a few options regarding HIDs. You can buy the projector headlights, which are ugly IMO. You can retrofit your current housings, which is the best option but also the most expensive. Or you could put HIDs in your current housings which some people will argue against because they could potentially blind other drivers. The choice is really up to you.
I did do a search, and I could only find one thread where someone was talking about the stock housing and it just spreads the light out with HIDs. I will have to look more into retrofitting

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Are you stock lights yellowing? I would with 400 to knock off the yellowing, then sand them down to about 1000 and clear coat them. They will look like new and shine really well. I wouldn't personally get HID in stock housing since the lights spreads uncontrollably but other do it all the time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you stock lights yellowing? I would with 400 to knock off the yellowing, then sand them down to about 1000 and clear coat them. They will look like new and shine really well. I wouldn't personally get HID in stock housing since the lights spreads uncontrollably but other do it all the time.
Nope, they look brand new. I might look on CL and see if anybody around me has hid lights in their mustang and see if I can go see how it looks

·
UNnaturally Aspirated
300 Posts
You should check out DDM Tuning, they get nothing but great reviews and i would suggest getting projectors so you arent "that guy" if you know what i mean

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
I've always had good luck with VVME. I'd go 6000K for actual functional light output. From there and up it becomes more blue, then to purple. I put them in all my vehicles and aim them accordingly and rarely get flashed. The choice is yours though

Wholesale Digital Slim 9007-1 HID Conversion Kits/Headlights

6000K left, 10000K right

6000K heads, 4000k fogs

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
what exactly do you want to know.. I have projectors and HIDS.. I just wet sanded both and they both look sick.. the projectors are sick, but the HID's are like the signature thing if you I ow what I'm saying... idk haha

·
blah blah blah words
540 Posts
I don't mean to sound insulting, but are they aimed right?
I thought my headlights were awful, then I realized they were pointing at the ground. a little aiming, and night vision is a million times better .

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a set of 8000 k in the stock housing looks great to me... I would get the the 55w kit though I've had both the55w is way better

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a set of 8000 k in the stock housing looks great to me... I would get the the 55w kit though I've had both the55w is way better
Do you have any pictures? Like someone said earlier, I don't want to be the dick in town having my lights blind everybody haha

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've always had good luck with VVME. I'd go 6000K for actual functional light output. From there and up it becomes more blue, then to purple. I put them in all my vehicles and aim them accordingly and rarely get flashed. The choice is yours though

Wholesale Digital Slim 9007-1 HID Conversion Kits/Headlights

6000K left, 10000K right

6000K heads, 4000k fogs

Do you have those in stock housing? And I would definitely get 6000k

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Yes, stock housing. I tried an experiment with the 10000K, I really don't care for them, everything is blue. 6000k is best IMO.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My GT came with some 12,000k's or something. They have a purple hue and they don't put out much light. The higher the Kelvin (K) number, the more color and lower light output. One day, I'll replace what's in the GT with a set of Acura TSX projectors. I do, however, have a set of 6000k's in my other car and they are perfect. Pure white with a slight hint of blue. The output is great even though I have them angled low. After installation, I tested them to make sure they wouldn't blind on coming traffic.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, stock housing. I tried an experiment with the 10000K, I really don't care for them, everything is blue. 6000k is best IMO.
Thanks for the info, it was a big help!

My GT came with some 12,000k's or something. They have a purple hue and they don't put out much light. The higher the Kelvin (K) number, the more color and lower light output. One day, I'll replace what's in the GT with a set of Acura TSX projectors. I do, however, have a set of 6000k's in my other car and they are perfect. Pure white with a slight hint of blue. The output is great even though I have them angled low. After installation, I tested them to make sure they wouldn't blind on coming traffic.
My dad has 6000k and it looks really good, I love them so I will go with them in my car

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
I have 8000k 55 watt and they look great and very good visibility. They are in my stock housing. If you so get some, I'd recommend 55 watt

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have HIDs on my car in the stock housing. They are bright but not blinding to other drivers. I really like them.

[/IMG]

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Anyone know what MM user has the avatar of his car (orange) with what looks to be a Termi front fascia with only the foglights on in sort of a foggy area? I'm trying to figure out what lights he has or where he got them from. I

It actually might be a CO Termi ... not sure. Can't remember his name damnit

1 - 20 of 43 Posts