Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I installed VVME.com hids last night they worked fine last night and this morning now the drivers side is flickering and the pass side works fine any one using these HIDs have issues like this if so what was the fix ??:mad::mad::mad:

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
make sure your connection into the ballast is good and proper (not plugged in wrong way). Also check the relay (if you used it)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
every thing isplugged in good and tight and correctly and so is the relay i used ... should i cut the relay out and directly connect it to the battery with no fuse ?

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
every thing isplugged in good and tight and correctly and so is the relay i used ... should i cut the relay out and directly connect it to the battery with no fuse ?
no don't bypass the relay. It may be a bad ballast if you're sure everything is the right way. You may want to try it without the relay once to see if it's something with the relay and/or your wiring.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Even though you're sure it's plugged in correctly...reverse the polarity by turning the plug 180*'s and plug it back into the ballast and see what you get... I had the same issue with mine and that's what the problem was.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but if it was flipped wrong why would it have worked last night and this morning still ??i just unplugged the light from the ballast for a few minutes and plugged it back in and it flickered for a few seconds then came on

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It will work sometimes even if it's plugged in backwards (mine did too). It works everytime the right way...lol I didn't notice the small notch on mine when I installed them at night time with poor lighting. I haven't had an issue since reversing them.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
On the ballast there is a larger square tab on one side and a smaller angled tab on the opposite side. The "V" of the plug goes on the smaller angled tab on the ballast... Is this how yours is plugged in? I had mine on the side with the larger "square" tab and that's incorrect.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah if you could find it that would be great cuz im gonna have to drive down the road to check it since none of my tools are here with me and the damn airfilter is in the way

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright they are both plugged in correctly. does your drivers side light flicker for a sec before it comes on ?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok well they are working so far so i guess we will see how the next few days goes atleast its a plug and play system so i can yank em out and put my stock ones back in for a bit if i need to ... but man oh man i do love how good they look and the night visability last night was awsome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts