Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soooooooo, i bought the smoked headlight covers sold on AM.... my stock lights weren't bright enough so i bought a Xenon HID kit 6000k...

STILL, these lights aren't bright enough to shine through.

after i installed them, the right one went out then came on again after i turned off then on again. the guy says its because my 4.6 is taking too much power. i need another part that connects them right to the battery so they shine brighter?

please help, i want my headlights back but i also plan on keeping my covers because there damn seksie.

please help...

thanks.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Who ever told you that is a Retard.

Mine are Brighter then hell and its hooked up to the stock headlight harness.
And your most likely going to have the same jolts at the harness that you do off the battery.

This is like Taking xanax for a downer and then getting mad because that 8 ball of cocaine you just got ain't working lol Take the covers off and take your chances with the VHT Night shade the covers are way way to dark IMO and should only be used during the day and removed at night so you can see where your going.

Edit: Mine also does that right now they both come on and then the drivers side flickers and goes out.But reason being is because the batter in my car is Junk and the HID's only work correctly when the car is running, then pull allot of juice and if you battery was on its way out the HID's will most likely find your weak link in the charging system weather it be the battery or the alternator, but my guess is its the battery.For Ex I can pop my Optima in the car and turn them on and they shin perfectly with no flickering or going off.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i have a high cranking battery thats brand new... but ya, i don't wanna snap em on snap em off snap em on snap em off snap em on snap em off snap em on snap em off....

uggghhh already tired! and irritated

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
if money isnt an issue why not buy the smoked ones with the clear corners?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
and it might sound dumb but cheak and make sure that everything is plugged in correct and fully

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I bought the tinted headlights. Could not see **** even with HIDS. I am through with tinted lenses.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
two things.
1. 6000 is not the brightest. 4300 is.
2. you might need a relay because the computer is getting confused from the low power usage. this would cause the blinking issue.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
two things.
1. 6000 is not the brightest. 4300 is.
That is why I bought the 5000. HIDguy only had 5000 or 3000. Went with the closest I could get.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I've been in stang with the actual covers and those are actually dangerous. Why not nite shade them? It's removable and really doesn't block much light.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check the ballast...probably the problem. If only one light is the problem, it's probably not a relay/power problem, but a bulb/ballast problem. Switch the ballasts and see if the problem follows the ballast

1 - 14 of 14 Posts