Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed hid's in my car from ultrahid.com. When I turn the lights on at first it seems like its a normal halogen light but when I turn on hi beams it has a aqua blue color to it. I ordered a 6000k kit, is their a chance that its hooked up backwards? I hooked it up the way it was supposed to be hooked up connector wise, but I can't figure out why only hi beams have the hid and not the low beams?

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
When I have placed HID's on my vehicles, I just get the regular HID's considering the light output is pretty good. Its like having high beams on at all times anyways, plus it is cheaper that way!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yeah, it's nice to say you have hi/low, but honestly it just makes the circuit trickier with control boxes and whatnot, and it really isn't a high beam, just really scattered light lol. I always recommend a low beam kit unless you're doing a retrofit and the bixenon is controlled by the solenoid in the projector

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Yeah, it's nice to say you have hi/low, but honestly it just makes the circuit trickier with control boxes and whatnot, and it really isn't a high beam, just really scattered light lol. I always recommend a low beam kit unless you're doing a retrofit and the bixenon is controlled by the solenoid in the projector
:exactly A buddy of mine tried this on his old school Rx7 and it was a two step type thing that simply scattered more light out there by showing more of the bulb when the high beams were initated. Personally, we didn't enjoy the way that the setup was, but it did its magic. Low beam kit FTW! Cheaper all the way around (Cheaper for a new set, Cheaper replacement bulbs, and the wiring setup is as simple as it can get!)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
you're talking maybe $20 that coulda been saved honestly lol. this doesn't mean you can't use your hi/low kit as just a low kit, you just have to chop up the wires a bit to eliminate the control box and all that extra stuff. it's a lot more simple than it seems though

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you're talking maybe $20 that coulda been saved honestly lol. this doesn't mean you can't use your hi/low kit as just a low kit, you just have to chop up the wires a bit to eliminate the control box and all that extra stuff. it's a lot more simple than it seems though
I just want my hid's to work in low beam mode. But i'm not sure how to do the wiring correctly.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The safe way to do it is to run the relay they give you, but myself and many others are able to run the HID's without the relay... This makes it that much easier when cutting things out. If you can post a couple pics of what they sent you (mainly for color coding) I can guide you what to hook up where

·
Registered
141 Posts
they dont call them "plug and play" kits for nothing, they are literally as easy as it sounds. Theres usually only 3pcs, wired bulb, ballast, ballast input wire
bulbs are wired and plug into ballast, wires plug into ballast and into light socket

·
Registered
148 Posts
the HID kit isnt a true Bi-Xenon even if its Hi/Lo. It just does something like tilts the bulbs

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
In some cases, it has an actuator that when the "High Beams" are clicked, more portion of the bulb that is already lit is exposed, thus giving more of the light output. I remember when I first put HID's on my 01' GT, it was giving me a hard time. I ended up putting the wires on wrong and it would only turn on if I had the high beams on, but the moment I turned the High beams off, the entire system would turn off, I went ahead and disconnected two different wires and switched them in a vice-versa type deal and I was set.

I'm under the impression that the issue you are having is going to be with the wiring on the driver side headlight since your highbeam wiring is there.

Give both sides a look and let us know..

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Sounds like its wired opposite. ****, I just had to swap mine, let me think... If you are looking at the factory harness that would plug into the standard bulb, the center is the ground, left is low, and right is the high beam. I remember a long time ago that there was alot of confusion between 9007 and 9004 harnesses and several companies were sending out the plugs wired wrong. Or somebody just ****ed up. A Bi-Xenon is hid on high and low. You must have the hid low/halogen high kit like I did way back when.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
they dont call them "plug and play" kits for nothing, they are literally as easy as it sounds. Theres usually only 3pcs, wired bulb, ballast, ballast input wire
bulbs are wired and plug into ballast, wires plug into ballast and into light socket

That picture looks exactly like mine, except the one connector is pink and not red.

I try'd turning that red part around the opposite ways and then when I turned the headlight on nothing at all would happen and my high beams would still work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts