Modded Mustang Forums banner

HID

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Im looking to get some hids for the stang...not too worried about getting the high beams, but i would like to have low beams (obviously) and also for the stock fogs, and roush fogs. Anyone know of any cheap kits out there? My buddy just ordered a set off ebay for like 40 bucks..and they look great, but how long could they possibly last.

#2 ·
I personally recommend VVME.com. I believe the regular HID kits are about $50 and the cheapest I've found anywhere. I've installed about 10 kits on my cars and friends cars and never had a problem. Occasionally you're read online of someone having a problem. Since the company is from China, there is no customer service and it's cheaper to buy a new kit then to return the old kit.

I believe Lefty recommends hidguy.net (PM him if interested to make sure that's the website). They have customer support, slim balast, and lifetime warrenty. I'm not sure on the price but I believe they are around $80???

#6 ·
I believe Lefty recommends hidguy.net (PM him if interested to make sure that's the website). They have customer support, slim balast, and lifetime warrenty. I'm not sure on the price but I believe they are around $80???
Yes, I recommend hidguy.net. Made in the good ol' usa, great customer support, and lifetime warranty as stated above. The slim ballasts are superb. The are about the size of a credit card and about 3/8" thick. Very, VERY easy to hide them. They also have multiple bulb choices starting at 4300k, 5000k, 6000k, 8000k, etc. etc. I got a bi-xenon (dual beam) kit for $125 shipped. I'm am very happy so far.

www.HIDGUY.net - Xentec Slim Xenon HID Kits ; Lifetime Warranty Digital Slim Ballast HID kits, HID Bulbs, HID ballasts, H1, H3, H4 ( 9003 ), H4H, H6, H6M, H7, H8, H9, H10, H11, H11B, H13 ( 9008 ), 880, 881, 889, 890, 893, 899, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007,

#7 ·
I second the use of hidguy.net got them in both my fogs and headlights...no problems at all

#11 ·
A lot of people (myself included) think RetroSolutions has THE best HID kit going. As far as I know, they are the only that has a lifetime warranty. Their kit is pure plug & play. Super customer service.
If your car does not have the little black "cap" over the end of the bulb, you need to get the coated option so you don't blind oncoming drivers.
They have a full lineup of colors as well as both 35 watt and 55 watt kits. You really can't go wrong with Retro Solutions.

#12 ·
HID guy's are a lifetime warranty and full plug and play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.