Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
i got the hi/lo kit because the relay was already wired up to that one, i installed my lights 3 days ago. i got the 55 watt but i did not need the error eliminators, and the brackets they sell probably would have made me mounting my ballasts alot easier.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I have no idea what the wire harness, error eliminator, or adapter cables are for. Assuming that everything in the picture comes in the kit, that's all you should need. There's 1 plug coming from each bulb that plugs into the factory wire harness then all the other cables should plug into each other. And done. When I get mine I'll be doing 35w 6000k 9007, no hi/lo. And a second set of 35w 6000k H10, no hi/lo for the Cobra fog lights I still need to get.

·
Registered
902 Posts
35w 6k 9007 is all you need unless you want the mounting brackets( i used #m double sided tape and its held for over a year) Heres a picture to help motivate you to buy them right meow :yes

(sorry it was a quick pic!)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats exactly what i need/want lol. im hesitant on getting the hi/lo though. i use my high beams quite a bit for deer and such but do i really need them if the regulars are bright enough?

·
Registered
402 Posts
This is what Im contemplating on getting too. The 55w 6k... Im hesitant as well... Im wondering if they are worth it and will give off that much more light than my halogen hi beams behind tint???

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Get 55ws.... I have them... I tried both 35w and 55w.

I've tried both hi/lo and single beam... I chose single beam. No hassle... Less chance of wiring harness problem.(I've had wiring harness problem with TWO(2) hi/lo kits...)

Color temp... I like a the little bluish tinge to the white... I've tried 6, 8, and 10. I stuck with 10k.

Oooh, an I tried 3kS for the fogs... They're pretty cool too. Now I'm using 8ks.

......and yea I'm an HID freak, if there is such a thing....:shiftyeyes

10k and 3k

·
Registered
402 Posts
LOLZ I thought we were twins! :lmao
We are twins... Im just the better looking one! lol

McQueen... are you following me? I thought you were gona do them for me? Could you imagine if I actually put in fogs with cheeta tape...? Guys already hate me because I blare Bieber out of the mustang! :D

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
McQueen... are you following me? I thought you were gona do them for me? Could you imagine if I actually put in fogs with cheeta tape...? Guys already hate me because I blare Bieber out of the mustang! :D
Maybe I am :shiftyeyes Haha nah, I just have the V6 section, Visual, and Clubhouse open in different tabs all the time :p Lol if I ever make it down to Texas, I'll put your fog lights on for you :yes

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
I got mine off eBay. $38 for single, or $68 for Hi/Low 35w. I have them on the G5, and They gave me an extra set of Hi/Low bulbs and harnesses on accident. I just ordered another pair of ballasts for $28 last night.

Xentec is the brand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts