Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im goign to get HIDs as well as many other goodies to give the stang a face lift.
id post pix of the HIDs but the site has every image set so that i cannot save the image. this is the direct link, just scroll down to see the comparisons.
what temperature should i get? 4300k, 6000k, or 8000k.....factory HIDs on the 2008 mustang are 4300k.
Mustang HID Lighting from StangMods.com

·
Registered
300 Posts
4300K for that good'ol stock look 12000k for people to flip out when they see your car at night =D

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also:

The 4300K kit produces a white light
The 6000K kit produces a blueish-white light
The 8000K kit produces a blue light
The 10000K kit produces a blueish-purple light

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have 8k and it's really more blueish/white I would aim for 10k if you want a real vivid looking blue.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like 8000ks myself. They are blue enough, and as you go to higher temps, you will get less and less bright. If you want bright + blue I would say 8000k.

Also not sure on this as I haven't done it myself, but a friend of a friend claims his HIDs seemed to get more blue when he swapped over to projector headlights.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont mind a mild tinit to them, but i want them to be bright, even obnoxiously bright, idc. but i dont want purple/blue or all blue. im thinking it'll be 6000k....

anyone else...suggestions?

·
Registered
927 Posts
best light out put is the 4300K - 6000K range after this range your going into the ricer range look of the honda civics.

·
Registered
300 Posts
best light out put is the 4300K - 6000K range after this range your going into the ricer range look of the honda civics.
I disagree with that.. It's a matter of opinion and you have no right to bash what people think looks good.

The projector headlights change the way it looks because the factory headlight mirrors are huge where aftermarket headlamps have a small mirror.

It's just a density thing

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I had 6000K in my Mazda. love them. great light output with a hint of blue. Plus I color Modded my projectors to give a nice sharp purple cut off line. Un fortunately I cant easily do this to my stang... Unless I get a set of those Ebay Projector lights and replace the crapy projectors with a decent set of Valeo projectors or the like. Im biding on the lights now, but I am going to have to wait on the decent projectors to put in them.... :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so with factory style lamps, is 8000k extremely blue (more so than white)or still more white than blue?

its between the 4300----6000----8000

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no problem. will do. i bought 6000k HIDs for the fogs and headlights @ stangmods, and new lamps to make them shine cleaner and to clean up the look of my car.

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
The more bluer/off-white they are, the more chance you have of getting pulled over, so remember that. I'm going to go with the 6000K.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I have 10k, they are very blue, with white. No purple. I have gotten pulled over once, but didint get a ticket.

They are a pita to make fit in the stock housing if they are to big for the cap that secures the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i dont mind a mild tinit to them, but i want them to be bright, even obnoxiously bright, idc. but i dont want purple/blue or all blue. im thinking it'll be 6000k....

anyone else...suggestions?

sure if you want to be an asshole and blind oncoming drivers go ahead :cool:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol ya ima asshole. i n=know u playin.i got the 6000k kit,just waiting on new lamps then ill install it all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts