Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finaly got around to putting on my o/r H-pipe today and holy crap is it loud! All I have is the O/r H-pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. I need to pick up a nice pair of cats that sound deep not raspy and need so recomendations. Metal or ceramic? Also don't need to pass emmisions at all or have o2 spot I turned them off!:sorry

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
prochamber ftw

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I am running the magnaflow stainless ones and don't have any complaints. All I did while it was on the car i chose the position i wanted them in, put a set of jack stands under the exhaust towards the rear of the car to catch the pipes when I cut them, after i cut the pipes I just tacked everything and made sure all my clearences were good then took the whole mid pipe off the car and welded it up. The mid pipe came out nice in the end, the cats looked like they were ment to be there.

·
Registered
961 Posts
just drive it for 2 weeks and it wont seem overly loud anymore. i'm running a muffler delete with o/r h and it sounds good to me now. at first it was too loud, but give it some time and you'll like it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with Chefalan just give it some time. I'm running pretty much the same set up as him and my first reaction was HOLY HELL THIS IS LOUD. I ended up taking if off the next day. But I'm getting some magnapacks welded in soon so i ended up putting my O/R H back on and been driving it for a while now and its not that bad.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it seem's to have chilled out a little but I went ahead and ordered some pypes ceramic cats to stick in. I don't realy car for the bumble bee sound when I get on it. I have an M90 Roush SuperCharger on it to so I'm sure that does something to loudin it. The big question is befor or after the H in the pipe>

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I really like the sound of mine with the LTH's, prochamber, and stock axle backs.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
You might want to stop the order on those ceramic cats. I remember reading something a while back about metallic cats being better for S/C cars. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thats what I thought but the metalic ones on AM got all sorts of bad rap. The guy at the tunner shop said he's seen both fail the key is keeping the heat regulated and moving the cats further down the line not like the stock one's right after the stock headers.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
weld in some M80's, or dynomax race bullets

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am running the magnaflow stainless ones and don't have any complaints. All I did while it was on the car i chose the position i wanted them in, put a set of jack stands under the exhaust towards the rear of the car to catch the pipes when I cut them, after i cut the pipes I just tacked everything and made sure all my clearences were good then took the whole mid pipe off the car and welded it up. The mid pipe came out nice in the end, the cats looked like they were ment to be there.
I currently have Magnapac cat-backs. I've been considering the Magnaflow cats for a bit more noise, but I don't want my car to be crazy loud and annoy my neighbors. How much louder did your exhaust get/raspy??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I decided on the Pypes ceramic one's due to cost. They should be here on Thursday night then to the shop to be welded in on Saturday so I will have to let you know. What I did was have my tune turn off the rear o2 sensors and there accually sitting in my stock pipe right now so I'm not getting any codes. I do have the Flowmaster mufflers so I'll take a video when it's done. Just experamenting with diffrent set up's.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
So I finaly got around to putting on my o/r H-pipe today and holy crap is it loud! All I have is the O/r H-pipe and Flowmaster mufflers. I need to pick up a nice pair of cats that sound deep not raspy and need so recomendations. Metal or ceramic? Also don't need to pass emmisions at all or have o2 spot I turned them off!:sorry
Justin503 – We look forward to hearing your new setup! You should submit your video to Flowmaster’s Show Us Your Flows contest. We give away prizes every week! You could be a winner next week.

Check out some recent winners:
Brandon Whisler, Dallas, TX

Matthew English, Bellevue, NE

1 - 14 of 14 Posts