Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only exhaust mod I have is corsa extreme axlebacks. I was looking for a slight increase in sound. I don't want to put on an offroad because I have to pass visual inspection every year. I'm still avoiding the sniffer because you only need it if you live within the city. I dont think that its supposed to pass with aftermarket cats but i doubt ill get hassled just for that. I was wondering if it is worth it to have an exhaust shop weld in high flows cats. Anyone have any clips of before and after for just high flows?

Also anyone have any suggestions on which high flows to get?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I thought about that but I drive in the city a every day and really don't want the cops on me all the time if it's too loud. Also I don't know if I can get anyone to weld in hollowed out cats. I would have to cut and clamp them. Kinda seems like a pain.

I guess it probably wouldn't be that loud considering the muffler is still on there. I haven't been able to find anything to reference it to tho

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I thought about that but I drive in the city a every day and really don't want the cops on me all the time if it's too loud. Also I don't know if I can get anyone to weld in hollowed out cats. I would have to cut and clamp them. Kinda seems like a pain.

I guess it probably wouldn't be that loud considering the muffler is still on there. I haven't been able to find anything to reference it to tho
They don't need welded if you hollow them out.

Pull them, hollow them, re-install.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't realize I could get to them without cutting them out. Hmm... Are there any negative side effects to hollowing them out. Other than being illegal and having to turn the sensors off that is.

·
Registered
548 Posts
hollow out the cats like they said. a cop will not say anything about your car being too loud. i have the same mufflers on my car, i drive past PMO on base and police out in town and they dont say crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts