Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Yesterday I went to go do some stuff, got to the place, took care of business jumped in the stang and started it. It started to idle at 2k RPMs. I got home and checked my vacuum lines and noticed one was super f'd (The one that goes under the upper intake). So I replaced it. Now it starts up idles at 2k, after a few seconds drops to 1.5k then down to 1.1k.But then I give it gas and it does the same exact process. There was no signs of anything going wrong, it just happened out of the blue. It is a 95 GT 5 speed manual.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
try your IAC, and there is a little screw on your throttle body that controls your idle RPMs.
If it just started out of nowhere, then adjusting the idle screw down will only mask the issue or make it worse by throwing the TPS reading off.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Check your throttle and cruise control cable too...sounds really simple, but I was on a long trip once in my95...drove for about an hour with the cruise on....then slowed to a stop sign, but my RPMs hung at 2500. Scared the **** out of me, but I feathered it and it went away. Couldn't figure out what it was until the next time I used cruise control....then I started putting it together. The cable was sticking a little holding the trottle open.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm...

I noticed today on my way to work, that it now only goes to 1.5k usually. I will indeed check the hose. It does not look like it connects to the PCV valve at all. It connect to another hose via a butt connector type thing, then that goes to a cylinder T connector then that goes to the passanger side corner opening at the firewall. I will take pictures tomorrow. It does sound to me like a vacuum leak. But I am unsure. I am thinking I am going to replace all my vacuum linnes I can see as they all look ate up (It is 16 years old). It is hard to get to the vacuum line I replaced. As it runs in between the lower and up intake. It attachs under neath the upper intake to a fitting I can not see. But I do believe pictures will help. and I will check my pcv valve. Expect a few pictures if I can manage to take decent ones from my phone.

I was thinking MAF sensor also. How do I clean that with out damaging it? I have heard they are delicate and brake easily.

Also can you guys show me (Via picture) where this IAC and screws are incase I do have to mess with them? I do not believe it to be the IAC as I had a CRX Si that had a IAC go out and it was a gradual bump up in RPMs over the course of a few days, but I will not rule it out as these are differen't cars.

*Pulls hair out* I swear if its not one thing with this car, its another. But atleast its all small less expensive things. She is a good car, just need a little bit more love.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hmm...

I noticed today on my way to work, that it now only goes to 1.5k usually. I will indeed check the hose. It does not look like it connects to the PCV valve at all. It connect to another hose via a butt connector type thing, then that goes to a cylinder T connector then that goes to the passanger side corner opening at the firewall. I will take pictures tomorrow. It does sound to me like a vacuum leak. But I am unsure. I am thinking I am going to replace all my vacuum linnes I can see as they all look ate up (It is 16 years old). It is hard to get to the vacuum line I replaced. As it runs in between the lower and up intake. It attachs under neath the upper intake to a fitting I can not see. But I do believe pictures will help. and I will check my pcv valve. Expect a few pictures if I can manage to take decent ones from my phone.

I was thinking MAF sensor also. How do I clean that with out damaging it? I have heard they are delicate and brake easily.

Also can you guys show me (Via picture) where this IAC and screws are incase I do have to mess with them? I do not believe it to be the IAC as I had a CRX Si that had a IAC go out and it was a gradual bump up in RPMs over the course of a few days, but I will not rule it out as these are differen't cars.

*Pulls hair out* I swear if its not one thing with this car, its another. But atleast its all small less expensive things. She is a good car, just need a little bit more love.
People told me the same thing about the MAF Sensor and I really highly doubt it's going to happen. I've had OH **** moments with it and it's perfectly fine. Just go pick up a MAF Sensor can from a automotive store and read the directions. I just spray it, I've done it up close, far away, blowed on it, swung it around to dry it faster ect... Haven't had any problems and I used to clean it like every day so it seemed. haha

If it makes you feel any better. I just spent $160+ on a clutch cable package to hopefully fix this clunking sound I have. That was a waste of pointless money. Now I have pretty much figured out I need a tranny. Trade ya?

IAC Valve Location: I'm sure you can tell where it is now and I have no idea about the idle screw, as I would NOT mess with it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People told me the same thing about the MAF Sensor and I really highly doubt it's going to happen. I've had OH **** moments with it and it's perfectly fine. Just go pick up a MAF Sensor can from a automotive store and read the directions. I just spray it, I've done it up close, far away, blowed on it, swung it around to dry it faster ect... Haven't had any problems and I used to clean it like every day so it seemed. haha

If it makes you feel any better. I just spent $160+ on a clutch cable package to hopefully fix this clunking sound I have. That was a waste of pointless money. Now I have pretty much figured out I need a tranny. Trade ya?

IAC Valve Location: I'm sure you can tell where it is now and I have no idea about the idle screw, as I would NOT mess with it.

That sucks man, I am sorry to hear that. I just did my clutch not to long ago... Stay away from San Francisco cause those damn yuppie assholes like to sit right on your bumper (I am talking no **** 4 inches. I had my friend jump out and check) on the most horridendes inclines known to man. I freakin ended up just dumpin the clutch and layin down some posi tracks so A)I wouldn't burn the clutch B) Hit dudes BRAND NEW 2010 Benz AMG even tho it would be HIS fault for BEING TO CLOSE.

Thanks for the pic. That is right next to the blinker fluid holder right??? (HAHA KIDDING!)

So my list of **** to buy at the auto parts store so far

5 feet vac line
MAF sensor cleaner
Air freshner

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So I trippled checked all the **** I was told too. Everything is hooked up from what I can tell. Is there a way to get a picture of the under side of the uper intake? Maybe i am retarded and hooked up the hose to something other the right thing? I cant see it but it feels like its hooked up right.

Ok so here is what I am talking about. The hose that connects to those nipples on the intake on the right.

I replaced that one. Maybe I stuck it on the wrong nipple? Or maybe it is not tight enough or something and its leaking?

BTW, what the hell are those damn things for? And why the hell are they on the freakin bottom?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. So I took a look under the hood before I left earlier. And ****ing holy bat ****. I found a ****ing 2 foot (give or take couple inches) of vacuum house just chillin on the driver side strut tower ON top of the strut tower brace. Keyword ON top. Was not connected to anything. Same size as my other hoses. Went to the dealer ship. Wanted hella money to look at it. Told them to suck my left nut. Stopped by this shop my step dad talks to all the time, guy said it sounds like a vacuum leak. So sounds like I am up to my own devices till monday. Dude said he would help me out on the side and tryin figure out what the ****.

But the piece of hose blows my ****in mind. Where in the **** did it comes from? Why the hell is it just ****in chillin?!

·
Registered
224 Posts
That sucks man, I am sorry to hear that. I just did my clutch not to long ago... Stay away from San Francisco cause those damn yuppie assholes like to sit right on your bumper (I am talking no **** 4 inches. I had my friend jump out and check) on the most horridendes inclines known to man. I freakin ended up just dumpin the clutch and layin down some posi tracks so A)I wouldn't burn the clutch B) Hit dudes BRAND NEW 2010 Benz AMG even tho it would be HIS fault for BEING TO CLOSE.

Thanks for the pic. That is right next to the blinker fluid holder right??? (HAHA KIDDING!)

So my list of **** to buy at the auto parts store so far

5 feet vac line
MAF sensor cleaner
Air freshner
Yeah my first time in San Fran in 08 was interesting. I wouldn't want to have a clutch living there. haha

Ps. I don't think they sell Valcum lines, depending on what you need. I tried to use like just rubber hoses or whatever for my Smog Pump and EGR Valve and whatever else is there. It iddn't want to work what so ever, so I got lucky and found a guy parting his car out. PERFECT, works great now. ahah

Ok. So I took a look under the hood before I left earlier. And ****ing holy bat ****. I found a ****ing 2 foot (give or take couple inches) of vacuum house just chillin on the driver side strut tower ON top of the strut tower brace. Keyword ON top. Was not connected to anything. Same size as my other hoses. Went to the dealer ship. Wanted hella money to look at it. Told them to suck my left nut. Stopped by this shop my step dad talks to all the time, guy said it sounds like a vacuum leak. So sounds like I am up to my own devices till monday. Dude said he would help me out on the side and tryin figure out what the ****.

But the piece of hose blows my ****in mind. Where in the **** did it comes from? Why the hell is it just ****in chillin?!
Have you tried to look for where it's supposed to connect? Take a picture?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah my first time in San Fran in 08 was interesting. I wouldn't want to have a clutch living there. haha

Ps. I don't think they sell Valcum lines, depending on what you need. I tried to use like just rubber hoses or whatever for my Smog Pump and EGR Valve and whatever else is there. It iddn't want to work what so ever, so I got lucky and found a guy parting his car out. PERFECT, works great now. ahah

Have you tried to look for where it's supposed to connect? Take a picture?
I looked around, didn't find ****. I will look again tomrrow more closley. I was half asleep and didn't get much sleep (30 minutes) yesterday. So today I must sleep. But I will take a peek tomorrow or something and I will take some pictures. Anything specific?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts