Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one problem after another.............

check engine light came on BUT both code readers that have been tried said that they could not connect to the computer!

the next time i started the car the damn thing rev'd up to over 3K and never went down.... but it

anyone know any common areas prone to vacuum leaks?
maf?
iac valve?

tps is new

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
dont use the obd2 code scanners. use jumper wire method. Ill post a pic for you to follow. its very simple.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts

try the moethod on the lowe left of the pic. 2 inch piece of wire, turn ze key count ze flashes. very easy. Report back after you get the flashes.

BTW USE THE connection on the passenger side under the hood. Its next to the accumulator--black thing that is cylindrical. May have a cover on it it may not just depends on PO's usage

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
well yes, thats the only one you can use. I'll edit the above post

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
To connect to circuit for the computer to spit out codes--idk. lol. thats what i figured. EVEN if there isnt a CEL on the computer will still store the codes that came on for a 0.0000000000000000001 of a second.

·
Registered
224 Posts
To connect to circuit for the computer to spit out codes--idk. lol. thats what i figured. EVEN if there isnt a CEL on the computer will still store the codes that came on for a 0.0000000000000000001 of a second.
Interesting.
I have no problems scanning/reading mine.

Ps. If you have your heater/air condition turned on it will through a code out when scanning.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
No problems reading it with what? the obd2 scanner?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
The jumper is for the self test. When you jump the sig return to the self test wire, the computer goes into self test mode and will flash the check engine light in a sequence of flashes for the codes stored. OBD2 didn't start until 96 even though some 95 and maybe even some 94 models have the OBD2 plug.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The jumper is for the self test. When you jump the sig return to the self test wire, the computer goes into self test mode and will flash the check engine light in a sequence of flashes for the codes stored. OBD2 didn't start until 96 even though some 95 and maybe even some 94 models have the OBD2 plug.
Oh snap! I didn't even know you can self test, that's cool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts