Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So installed a 75 m throttle body, c&l plenum, gears and my 87 octane tune with sct 2 and my idle stays kinda high? is this normal? what should i check for? possible throttle body sticking?

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
You probably need to back out the set screw for the TB plate. If its cracked open too much, the IAC will close all the way, and there will still be too much air going into the motor to properly control the idle only with the timing. You can see whats going on if you have access to a datalogger. The IAC is only adjustable via the tune.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
How high is kinda high? 100-200rpms? That could just be the tune itself. The IAC can be kinda touchy, if you loosen it up and push it one way or the other or kinda twist it, it can affect idle.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'm gonna back Doc here- with my tuner, I can adjust the idle rpms when the clutch is engaged and disegaged. What kind do you have?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well now when im coming to a stop it kinda stays around 1500-2000 rpms for about 2 seconds then it drops to only 1000 rpms with no accesories on...? so i should try the screw on the throttle body first? or try and adjust via my tuner...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would look at the TB first. loosen the IAC screws just a little and see if it changes any.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
My bad, I didn't see the sct 2 in your post. I'd go with the set screw first, I don't think there are any tuners that would let your car do that, but I could be wrong. Might wanna re-check your IAC, though, that's what its beginning to sound like. Just make sure it's all hooked up right and that it isn't loose anywhere.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok...so it looks the screw that would adjust the throttle body adjusted by a bolt..?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:drinkok i figured it out...thanks alot guys...you guys are better than a chiltons manual! Now im going to load the brenspeed tune and see if i see a difference...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
idle is still sticking for about 2 seconds between 1500 rpms -2000...then drops to 1000? where is the IAD located?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did a search and found an interesting post that it might be my cruise control sticking after a new throttle body?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts