Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the life on the 03-04 cobras? a guy down the street is selling is 04 cobra with 92,XXX miles. aside form how its driven, how long are they good for before they start to fall apart and blow up? and what kind of mods whould you be able to do at this many miles?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The modular engines are somewhat high mileage engines, they can take alot of abuse because there built for it esp the 03-04's. I would say the car would be good for another 50 to 100 thousand miles altho personaly I would put it through a rebuild or atleast be easyer on it. The internals, heads, and blower (unless running more then stock boost or nitrous) are deff good for that long but the gaskets, transmission, maybe piston rings and other things keep an eye on.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
a little off topic but my 94 v6 has 215K on it and that thing is beat to ever living hell, mechanical wise anyway i take good care of it cosmetically lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
svt's are really well built... my dads Lightning is closing in on 200,000 miles a still runs strong... ran a 14.1 at the track a couple months ago

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
90K is more then id want with a new car but it the cars still good for awhile

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
How much does he want for it? Does the guy beat on it?[/quote]

dude cmon. lol
Just cuz its driven hard doesnt mean it wasnt taken car of still in great shape. You can drive a car hard smartly, or you can drive like a idiot and kill the thing.

Check to see if theres any leaks from any plastic gaskets and have a good mechanic check it out, but it shouldnt be a problem

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
get it, drive it to the ground and rebuild it:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I tried to find this post, but some dude claimed to have 204,000 on his 03' and had recently laid down 400+ hp. Can't remember the numbers.... BUT!!! He was swearing by Royal purple. That many oil changes could pay for a nice build... lol. :yes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts