·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought my third mustang new edge

I’ve had a 99 35th v6 mustang auto
And a 01 gt auto
But finally I have a 99 gt manual

I want to know what type of maintenance should I do to this car before anything else
It’s a 99 Gt 5 speed with 255k
Thanks I appreciate the help.
And the future with the car is mostly a drift car

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I would do the standard maintenance with any used car. Inspect and change all fluids (oil, coolant, brake, transmission, maybe even diff), inspect and change spark plugs, change fuel filter

Inspect and change the following as necessary: serpentine belt, ignition coil boots, tires, brake pads and rotors, struts/bushings, coolant hoses.

Carefully inspect the coolant crossover/thermostat housing, and heater connection on the intake manifold for any signs of leaking coolant. If it's plastic and brittle and/or leaking coolant, replace with a non-Dorman intake with the revised aluminum crossover.

·
Registered
926 Posts
As an owner of a GT that has 218k miles I would do everything WickedSnake00 said, especially the fuel filter! mine looked like it had never been changed. Besides that, check the bushings in the front and rear lower control arms, check for rust in the frame rail/shock tower where the K member bolts go. besides all that there isnt much to go wrong on these cars

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I can't really add to the above advice. If taken care of these cars will last a long time. My 2000 GT has 212,000 miles. It has been supercharged since around 60,000. It uses about a quart of oil every 5,000 miles. But, routine maintenance is important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts